Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I hate being a mom.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this

Sometimes it's just so hard.

Before I was a mom a felt as though I FULLY appreciated my 'non-mom' status.  I APPRECIATED the fact that I could go and have dinner with friends whenever I wanted.  I APPRECIATED the fact I could pick up and GO on a weekend trip with moments notice.  I APPRECIATED the fact I could run a bath and read a 'rag-mag' in bubbles while listening to Dido.  I APPRECIATED my freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted.

Yup...all SELFISH stuff (from a 'mom's perspective')....but it's ALL GONE..all the 'selfish' days are gone.

Now that my child is here and is 3 years old, there are days I just want to say ENOUGH ALREADY....I just don't want to BE "Mom" today!!!!!  I want to be ME for, like, 2 seconds.

Ohhhhhhh......he just took my face in his hands and said "Hey....luv you Momma"....

Forget everything else I said......he melts my heart.  Damn kid.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliehelvie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Yeah I'm a single mom...totally get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting kelliehelvie:

Yeah I'm a single mom...totally get it

I'm a single mom, too!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

awwww.

so bratty..... so adorable.... damn kids

SassyLeigh
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
They always have a way of changing things! My son is always pullin my last nerve and then turns around and hugs me say " I luv u sooo much" :) He'll be 3 in July!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SassyLeigh:

They always have a way of changing things! My son is always pullin my last nerve and then turns around and hugs me say " I luv u sooo much" :) He'll be 3 in July!

No kidding!

My favorite is when I am proud of something he's done (shared, gone potty, cleaned up, listened).....he says (almost asks) "Momma soooo happy!?!?"

I exclaim...."YES!   Momma sooo HAPPY!"

Damn kid.

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Aww..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelliehelvie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
And she goes to work with me...shes always right--------->there. Co sleeping and nursing still @18 mos. I love it and hate it!!? Keep up the good work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Quoting kelliehelvie:

And she goes to work with me...shes always right--------->there. Co sleeping and nursing still @18 mos. I love it and hate it!!? Keep up the good work.

You keep up the good work, too!!!!!

Motherhood is certainly an experiment in conflicting emotions!!!

Lauren0305
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I was 20 when I had my first I'm 29 now I have no idea what it even feels like to not have kids lol I never really got to experience that.

Bayerstar
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I've been there too! No worries, you're not alone. I think these thoughts cross every mommy once in a while and it's not because you don't love your kid, sometimes we are just exhausted. Mommies happen to be human too and we need brakes and time outs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN