Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seeing my neighbor cheat on her husband really makes me wonder...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
How can people do that?!
My husband's in the Army, so are all of my neighbors since we live on base.
I have this one neighbor, she lives behind me but comes onto my street all the time since she's friends with my other neighbors. Her husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now. For the 2nd time in 2 weeks, I have witnessed her cheating on him. She's over at my other neighbor's house right now, on the driveway making out with some guy.
It just disgusts me really. I mean, doesn't anyone take their vows seriously anymore? I've never cheated on my husband, never cheated on any of my exes either. Yes I've been cheated on, every boyfriend I had cheated on me. DH is the only one who never has and I believe in my heart that he never will. I am 100% committed to my DH. And when I was in high school and just dating someone, I was committed to him too. I never so much as hugged a male friend while I was dating someone in high school. And even now after having been with my husband for 6 years, I still feel uncomfortable when my best friend's husband greets me with a hug..like it just feels wrong even though it's just an innocent hug. But you get what I'm saying I hope.

***And yes, I know there are some couples out there who have "open" marriages and don't see it as cheating. My neighbor and her husband could have an open marriage, I don't know them THAT well, but it just doesn't sit right with me. To see a married woman making out and holding hands with another man while her husband is deployed just makes my blood boil.

*****I AM staying out of it. I have no intentions of telling her husband or anything like that. It's not my place. My point was I don't understand how people can do that to their spouses. Not about whether or not I should tell the husband.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe she is lonely and needs a friend... idk and like u said u aren't very close with her so who knows whats going on in her life and/or marriage... y dont u try befriending her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Some people don't take their vows seriously. It sad and pathetic. Jus don't get married if you can't commit.

thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Thats one of the reasons the husbands come back and kill their wives. They are over there supporting their families, bombs going off, and not seeing their kids while their wives are spending all their money and cheating. Makes me sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jordin_Taylor
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Well, personally my opinion is MYOB.

You dont know if its an agreement between the two of them or if she is just whoring around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM
I tried. But I recently took her out of my life as much as I could because she had the balls to call me a horrible mother and talk like she knows how I raise my kids (when she's never stepped foot in my house).

Quoting wife07_mom08:

maybe she is lonely and needs a friend... idk and like u said u aren't very close with her so who knows whats going on in her life and/or marriage... y dont u try befriending her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM

It is sad to see. The whole world is going to pot.

nicndetsmom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I agree with the myob comment. You guys aren't friends, so you have no stake in it really. Why borrow someone else's trouble?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM

makes me sick too. I don't understand it ONE bit.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Thats one of the reasons the husbands come back and kill their wives. They are over there supporting their families, bombs going off, and not seeing their kids while their wives are spending all their money and cheating. Makes me sick.

wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Then the best would be to not worry bout her life! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried. But I recently took her out of my life as much as I could because she had the balls to call me a horrible mother and talk like she knows how I raise my kids (when she's never stepped foot in my house).

Quoting wife07_mom08:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Like I said at the bottom of my original post, maybe the have an open marriage and it's okay. I don't know if they do. I'm just going off of what I see.

And I AM minding my own business. It's not like I was planning to tell her husband or anything. My point in this post was simply the fact that I don't understand how people can cheat on their spouses.

Quoting Jordin_Taylor:

Well, personally my opinion is MYOB.

You dont know if its an agreement between the two of them or if she is just whoring around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)