Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Give me a reason...

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:11 AM
  • 62 Replies

Why a same sex couple should not marry.  What I am looking for is an answer that has NOTHING to do with religion.  Why?  Because a persons religion should not override another's religion /beliefs.  I want solid answers that are completely away from any religious doctrine. 

Now, every one has the right to their own beliefs and you can think it is as right or wrong as you like. It's futile to try and change anothers mind on this topic, I am loking for valid societal reasons, not religious reasons why two people of the same gender should not be able to enter into a contract of marriage. 

*this is not meant to be a religious debate, or a be this way or you suck debate.  Try and really think about it.*

by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I of course got nothing. I'm for gay marriage
Danita42
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I think EVERYONE should be able to, its a basic human right!
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I feel that no religious group should ever force there beliefs at a legal level.  Because of freedom of religion and different views on marriage.  One group of of people should not be so insecure/unstable in their own beliefs that knowing that another person is doing something should affect their own lives.  Obviously this goes for things like marriage that is widely accepted and not murder rape, theft etc.

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I babysit for a couple of women, they love each other and are happy.  Their child is beautiful and so happy and loved.  Why would we not accept this for someone? 

littleacorn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM
I got nothin'. I think same sex marriages should be legal, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM

twrwifey
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I have no problem with what other's do as long as they aren't murdering children and animals.

DropZoneMom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

The only arguments you hear against gay marriage are ALWAYS religion-based.  It's all the bigots have!

Ironically, the only Biblical remarks against homosexuality are in the Old Testament.  So I guess all those people are still offering animal sacrifices to God, too, yes??

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Anyone? Have an against?  Did I not make my title catchy enough....

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)