Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom thinks this is odd... do you do it? ETA

I have DS change his underwear 2 times a day... once in the morning and once before bed... on gym days I have him take a shower right after school... other days its right before bed... she thinks I am over doing it... I think I am just making sure he is clean... I dont want him wearing sweaty undies... does anyone else think this is weird? [that I make sure he is clean?]

**FOR THE RECORD... my vagina doesnt stink... I shower and change my panties a few times a day because when I was little I was constantly getting yeast infections... My mother let me change my panties once a day... sometimes once every other day... she let me shower 2 times a week... she was very against getting clean... she didnt pay for hot water so she had no reason to stop me from taking showers...

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamaxkitty
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:13 AM

She's the weird one....lol

hopinforanother
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:14 AM
I change mine twice per day. So do my kids.

Quoting lovelove211:

Undies changed once a day. Do you change yours twice a day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:16 AM

I change mine like 3 times a day... haha... I dont want a stinky vagina!!

Quoting lovelove211:

writethisdown
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its uncommon but not weird. To me, once you take a shower, putting on clean clothes after is a must. And i'd consider anything worn to bed as nightclothes so clean ones should go on in the morning.

My kids take a shower at night and put clean sleeping clothes on. And in the morning they change into clean dress clothes. Undies are part of the outfit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM

THIS is EXACTLY what i do with him...

Quoting writethisdown:

I think its uncommon but not weird. To me, once you take a shower, putting on clean clothes after is a must. And i'd consider anything worn to bed as nightclothes so clean ones should go on in the morning.

My kids take a shower at night and put clean sleeping clothes on. And in the morning they change into clean dress clothes. Undies are part of the outfit.

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

How old??

And will you be there when he's in college makin' sure the Chonies are clean???

tonesofhome
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

how dirty do his undies get when he sleeps? why change them in the am if you just changed them before bed? i can see maybe changing in the morning, and after the shower after school, but not before bed, then again when he gets up. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Your parts shouldn't smell and if they do, you have a problem...

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I change mine like 3 times a day... haha... I dont want a stinky vagina!!

Quoting lovelove211:

WrapNLoseInches
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
im 25 and have to do this, unfortunately, your daughter may as well, all her life. :( im glad your pedi suggested this so young! i was 9 before a dr could tell us WHY i got rashes if i slept in undies!! glad to see drs are steppig up!

as for OP, ive never understood the whole before bed and right as you get up thing, unles hes a sweaty sleeper...but my df was raised the same way and does it too.

Quoting Anonymous:

New pair of panties every morning... DD sleeps with no panties on b/c ever since she was potty trained if she wears them at night she gets bad rashes so ped said to take them off at night so she could air out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

He sweats like a beast... he takes a quick shower in the morning...

Quoting tonesofhome:

how dirty do his undies get when he sleeps? why change them in the am if you just changed them before bed? i can see maybe changing in the morning, and after the shower after school, but not before bed, then again when he gets up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)