Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Controversial Topic: How does abortion affect you? *EDITED*

Posted by   + Show Post

***Since many did not seem to take the time to actually read what I have posted please see page 43 for a brief overview of my statement.  This is not a post that is trying to sway you to become pro-choice.  This is not a debate on whether abortion is right or wrong.  This debate is on a woman's right and why it is that one side feels that it is right to take away those rights through legislation.

reading the news this morning and still seeing articles on states trying to defund Planned Parenthood and trying to find ways to stop abortions from occuring. 

The thing that bothers me the most about these articles is I don't understand how abortions affect these people.  If I were to get pregnant tomorrow I would be setting up an appointment to get an abortion.  No questions asked.  I am on birth control to help ensure I do not get pregnant so that would mean my birth control failed and right now I absolutely cannot add a baby to the equation.  But how does that affect anyone other than my husband (who be supportive of my decision) and I?  If you are Pro-Life why is it that you would want to force something onto me that could potentially put us in such a bad place that it would be detrimental to my family?  Why is it that the Government (namely the GOP) feels the need to tell me that I don't have a right to make decisions that are best for my family and my life?  How does what I do with my family, my body and my life affect this nation as a whole or you as an individual?

And before we begin with the obvious statements I would like to give you a few MYTHS of abortion.

MYTH: Women are using abortion as a method of birth control.

In fact, half of all women getting abortions report that contraception was used during the month they became pregnant. Some of these couples had used the method improperly; some had forgotten or neglected to use it on the particular occasion they conceived; and some had used a contraceptive that failed. No contraceptive method prevents pregnancy 100% of the time.

If abortion were used as a primary method of birth control, a typical woman would have at least two or three pregnancies per year - 30 or more during her lifetime. In fact, most women who have abortions have had no previous abortions (52%) or only one previous abortion (26%). Considering that most women are fertile for over 30 years, and that birth control is not perfect, the likelihood of having one or two unintended pregnancies is very high.

MYTH: Women have abortions for selfish or frivolous reasons.

The decision to have an abortion is rarely simple. Most women base their decision on several factors, the most common being lack of money and/or unreadiness to start or expand their families due to existing responsibilities. Many feel that the most responsible course of action is to wait until their situation is more suited to childrearing; 66% plan to have children when they are older, financially able to provide necessities for them, and/or in a supportive relationship with a partner so their children will have two parents. Others wanted to get pregnant but developed serious medical problems, learned that the fetus had severe abnormalities, or experienced some other personal crisis. About 13,000 women each year have abortions because they have become pregnant as a result of rape or incest.

MYTH: Women are often forced into having abortions they do not really want.

Some women say that pressure from a husband, partner, or parent was one of several reasons they chose abortion, but only about 1% give that reason as the "most important" one in making their decision. Conversely, some women who do not want to continue their pregnancies are pressured to do so by family members, friends, or fear of social stigma. Pre-abortion options counseling is designed to determine whether a woman is fully comfortable with her abortion decision, and if she is not, she is encouraged to wait until she has had a chance to consider her options more fully.

MYTH: Many women come to regret their abortions later.

Research indicates that relief is the most common emotional response following abortion, and that psychological distress appears to be greatest before, rather than after, an abortion.

There are undoubtedly some women who, in hindsight, wish that they had made different choices, and the majority would prefer never to have become pregnant when the circumstances were not right for them. When a wanted pregnancy is ended (for medical reasons, for example) women may experience a sense of loss and grief. As with any major change or decision involving loss, a crisis later in life sometimes leads to a temporary resurfacing of sad feelings surrounding the abortion. Women at risk for poor post-abortion adjustment are those who do not get the support they need, or whose abortion decisions are actively opposed by people who are important to them.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts/women_who.html

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5109a1.htm

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

ETA:  I have noticed that the topic of murdering someone who is already living has come up.

The topic is on why it is ok to force your moral view of when life begins and personhood rights onto people who do not agree with that view point.  I think it is safe to say that a person who has been born has life and has person hood so that point is moot.

Furthermore, I have posted on Page 2 a link to the Theological, Philisophical and Scientific Arguements for when life begins.  Here is the link http://www.sinauer.com/pdf/BioethicsCh02.pdf

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Replies (471-480):
mommasbabies77
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM
All I said was I agree with you..life begins at conception.Why push your beliefs on another? How am I changing your mind or trying to?

Quoting longhorngal:

Apparently, neither are you

Quoting mommasbabies77:

what? You're not even making sense.

Quoting longhorngal:

I don't believe my reply assumed anything about you. I simply said that we weren't going to change each other's mind. :)

Quoting mommasbabies77:

me? I think life begins at conception. I'm very prochoice but I don't agree with the op. I also don't think I should push my beliefs on you or the op. Nice assumption:)

Quoting longhorngal:

You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. That innocent baby can't defend itself against those who choose to view it as nothing more than a mass of cells. Someone has to speak for those who can't speak for themselves.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

But she doesn't ..why push what you believe onto her?

Quoting longhorngal:

That's fine. I believe life begins at conception.

Quoting bluespagan:

That is if you believe that the embryo is a sentient being with personhood.  I have addressed this multiple times.  I do not believe that a fetus is a person until they are viable and have cognitive brain activity (between 24-27 weeks gestation).  So, until that time, the woman whose body is carrying the embryo will decide what happens. 

Quoting longhorngal:

Someone has to speak for those who can't speak for themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChutterButter
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

An harm none, do what ye will is a very big part of the Rede and is one of the main beliefs of the Pagan/Wiccan religion. I understand what you are saying and where it is coming from. We enter into some murky waters when we must consider the times that the mother's life can be harmed or taken away as well, as the statement includes harm to yourself. I'm not saying abortion is right or wrong. I think it is a very personal choice that depends on what you believe and how you feel on the matter. While I don't feel it is the right choice for me, I cannot say what is best for anyone else. You bring up an interesting point though that I have not seen mentioned in previous posts on the same topic.

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

I view the baby as a life. Once there is a child in my body, it shouldn't be my choice. I have the right to choose what to do with my body, unless it affects someone eles, in this case it affects the baby. I do not have the right to choose if that baby should live or die. That's how I see it. Harm none and do what ye will. That's a major thing in our religion. In my opinion I would be harming that life inside of me.

KKmamaKK
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop calling them "pro lifers." They are "anti-choice."
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM
In cases like ectopic pregnancies and such, I can understand. Why risk both life's if you can save at least one life. Thank you :).

Quoting ChutterButter:

An harm none, do what ye will is a very big part of the Rede and is one of the main beliefs of the Pagan/Wiccan religion. I understand what you are saying and where it is coming from. We enter into some murky waters when we must consider the times that the mother's life can be harmed or taken away as well, as the statement includes harm to yourself. I'm not saying abortion is right or wrong. I think it is a very personal choice that depends on what you believe and how you feel on the matter. While I don't feel it is the right choice for me, I cannot say what is best for anyone else. You bring up an interesting point though that I have not seen mentioned in previous posts on the same topic.

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

I view the baby as a life. Once there is a child in my body, it shouldn't be my choice. I have the right to choose what to do with my body, unless it affects someone eles, in this case it affects the baby. I do not have the right to choose if that baby should live or die. That's how I see it. Harm none and do what ye will. That's a major thing in our religion. In my opinion I would be harming that life inside of me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KKmamaKK
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Alyssaravensmom, that is a very interesting point, and that is why it's important that our laws protect our opportunity to hold individual beliefs. I hold a viewpoint similar to yours about a child growing in my body. But someone else may not or may face extenuating circumstances. And until unrestricted access to birth control is a GIVEN, abortion must remain a legally-protected option.
Jaybo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

To the girl at the very bottom saying no child out of rape would be looked at with absolute love. They would be looked at with hidden resentment. Lol? She can't apply that to every single raped women who had a child, just like she can't say that every rapes women would love their child, because some will and some won't.

Quoting bluespagan:

ok but just as many if not more were not able to physically and emotionally care for their rapists child and had an abortion.  What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

There are many girls on here who were raped and had the baby. They are glad they kept the baby and they love them to death. Sooo.

Quoting Jaybo:

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't want a baby, keep your legs closed. Abortion is murder and it's always a selfish reason, the highlighted text clearly shows that because of how many times the words I and my come up.

I know I'll get backlash for saying it's always selfish because people will say, "What about rape victims?" It's not the baby's fault the father committed a crime, and being a rape victim myself I can tell you with absolute certainty that I would not have had an abortion if a pregnancy resulted from that rape.

I've never spoken to someone that was happy or relieved they had an abortion, unless they were selfish cold hearted whores, I've spoken to many who regret it.

Quoting bluespagan:

reading the news this morning and still seeing articles on states trying to defund Planned Parenthood and trying to find ways to stop abortions from occuring. 

The thing that bothers me the most about these articles is I don't understand how abortions affect these people.  If I were to get pregnant tomorrow I would be setting up an appointment to get an abortion.  No questions asked.  I am on birth control to help ensure I do not get pregnant so that would mean my birth control failed and right now I absolutely cannot add a baby to the equation.  But how does that affect anyone other than my husband (who be supportive of my decision) and I?  If you are Pro-Life why is it that you would want to force something onto me that could potentially put us in such a bad place that it would be detrimental to my family?  Why is it that the Government (namely the GOP) feels the need to tell me that I don't have a right to make decisions that are best for my family and my life?  How does what I do with my family, my body and my life affect this nation as a whole or you as an individual?

And before we begin with the obvious statements I would like to give you a few MYTHS of abortion.

In fact, half of all women getting abortions report that contraception was used during the month they became pregnant. Some of these couples had used the method improperly; some had forgotten or neglected to use it on the particular occasion they conceived; and some had used a contraceptive that failed. No contraceptive method prevents pregnancy 100% of the time.

If abortion were used as a primary method of birth control, a typical woman would have at least two or three pregnancies per year - 30 or more during her lifetime. In fact, most women who have abortions have had no previous abortions (52%) or only one previous abortion (26%). Considering that most women are fertile for over 30 years, and that birth control is not perfect, the likelihood of having one or two unintended pregnancies is very high.

The decision to have an abortion is rarely simple. Most women base their decision on several factors, the most common being lack of money and/or unreadiness to start or expand their families due to existing responsibilities. Many feel that the most responsible course of action is to wait until their situation is more suited to childrearing; 66% plan to have children when they are older, financially able to provide necessities for them, and/or in a supportive relationship with a partner so their children will have two parents. Others wanted to get pregnant but developed serious medical problems, learned that the fetus had severe abnormalities, or experienced some other personal crisis. About 13,000 women each year have abortions because they have become pregnant as a result of rape or incest.

Some women say that pressure from a husband, partner, or parent was one of several reasons they chose abortion, but only about 1% give that reason as the "most important" one in making their decision. Conversely, some women who do not want to continue their pregnancies are pressured to do so by family members, friends, or fear of social stigma. Pre-abortion options counseling is designed to determine whether a woman is fully comfortable with her abortion decision, and if she is not, she is encouraged to wait until she has had a chance to consider her options more fully.

MYTH: Many women come to regret their abortions later. bull shit.  

Research indicates that relief is the most common emotional response following abortion, and that psychological distress appears to be greatest before, rather than after, an abortion.

There are undoubtedly some women who, in hindsight, wish that they had made different choices, and the majority would prefer never to have become pregnant when the circumstances were not right for them. When a wanted pregnancy is ended (for medical reasons, for example) women may experience a sense of loss and grief. As with any major change or decision involving loss, a crisis later in life sometimes leads to a temporary resurfacing of sad feelings surrounding the abortion. Women at risk for poor post-abortion adjustment are those who do not get the support they need, or whose abortion decisions are actively opposed by people who are important to them.

ETA:  I have noticed that the topic of murdering someone who is already living has come up.

The topic is on why it is ok to force your moral view of when life begins and personhood rights onto people who do not agree with that view point.  I think it is safe to say that a person who has been born has life and has person hood so that point is moot.

Furthermore, I have posted on Page 2 a link to the Theological, Philisophical and Scientific Arguements for when life begins.  Here is the link http://www.sinauer.com/pdf/BioethicsCh02.pdf

What bullcrap. If you had a child as a result of rape, you'd never look your child in the face with absolute love, you'd look at your child with hidden resentment as your child was not your choice. .

Seriously, what would you tell your child when he/she asked about daddy? That his/her daddy is a man who raped you? If you don't tell your child the truth about his/ her daddy, you'd be a liar & a hypocrite. If you do tell your child the truth, he/ she will go through life with the knowledge he/ she was a result of rape, that he/ she was not a planned/wanted child.  If you can do that to any child, you're a monster.

Dear god, people like you are the plague of the earth. 

And your response helps the child of rape, who's mother could well end up resenting them, how? You make no sense. Life is not all peaches & cream, it can be a lot more brutal than you think. Encouraging a woman to have a child as the result of rape, that, she may well end up hating one day, is irrisponsible on your part. If the mother grows to hate the child, there's one more child that will grow up being unloved, or in some cases, abused.

Do you advocate so strongly for the many children out there waiting for adoption, that will never be adopted because of age, disability, color?  Do you advocate so strongly for the many children who are abused, murdered, or neglected by thier own mother & father every year? Instead of causing the endless heated debate over abortion, why don't you spend some time being an advocate for the many children out there who've become invisable to people like you.

Tell us. What have you done for them lately? Have you adopted an older child that is past the age of baby cuteness? Have you contributed funds towards the many abused & neglected children in America today? I highly doubt it. You seem to be more interested in starting a heated debate on abortion just for fun. 

A few stats your & everyone should be aware of, but in reality, don't bother learning.   

There are nearly 500,000 children in foster care in the United States.
Over 250,000 will never return home.
Over 123,000 need adoptive homes right now.
More than 29,000 aged out of foster care in 2008, at age 18 without anyone, to live on their own, unprepared and unsupported.

National Statistics on Child Abuse

Nearly five children die every day in America from abuse and neglect.

In 2010, an estimated 1,560 children died from abuse and neglect in the United States.

In the same year, Children's Advocacy Centers around the country served over 266,000 child victims of abuse, providing victim advocacy and support to these children and their families. In 2011, this number was over 279,000.

2010 NATIONAL ABUSE STATISTICS

• Approximately 695,000 children were victims of maltreatment (unique instances).
  • 47 states reported approximately 3.4 million children received preventative services from Child Protective Services agencies.
  • Children younger than one year had the highest rate of victimization of 20.6 per 1,000 children in the population of the same age.
  • Of the children who experienced maltreatment or abuse, over 78% experienced neglect; more than 17% were physically abused; just under 10% were sexually abused; approximately 8% were psychologically maltreated; just over 2% were medically neglected; and approximately 10% experienced other types of maltreatment.
  • Nearly 80% of reported child fatalities as a result of abuse and neglect were caused by one or more of the child victim's parents.

2011 CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER STATISTICS
Click here for aggregate 2011 statistics

Among the over 259,000 children served by Children's Advocacy Centers around the country during 2011, some startling statistics include:

• 106,522 children were ages 0 to 6 years
  • 99,624 children were ages 7 to 12 years
  • 69,372 children were ages 13 to 18 years
  • 187,862 children reported sexual abuse
  • 48,264 children reported physical abuse
  • 179,014 children participated in forensic interviewing at a Children's Advocacy Center

Among the over 226,000 alleged offenders investigated for instances of child abuse from January through June 2011, some startling statistics include:

• 146,981 were 18+ years old
  • 24,075 were ages 13 to 17 years
  • 17,250 were under age 13 years
  • 88,182 were a parent or step-parent of the victim
  • 47,096 were related to the child victim in another way
  • 71,877 were an unrelated person the victim knew

Every Child Matters Education Fund (2009). We Can Do Better: Child Abuse and Neglect Deaths in the U.S. http://www.everychildmatters.org/storage/documents/pdf/reports/wcdbv2.pdf

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Administration for Children & Families. Child Maltreatment 2010. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm10/cm10.pdf

National Children's Alliance 2011 national statistics and 2010 national statistics collected from Children's Advocacy Center members.

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Hun for one, you are the one heated, not me lol. I am saying not ALL women would resent a rape child. Will there be some who DO resent? Yes. Abortion is legal they CAN abort.bi am pro life. Do I go hold signs up telling people not to? NO. Do I give an opinion on abortion when it's not asked? NO. Do I know people who've had abortions? YES. Do I bash them? NO. Do I freely going shoving my opinion down people's throats? NO. I wouldn't abort, that doesn't mean you can't.
And I am in the process of adopting :). Thank you. I hope that does help contribute in some way. My sil is 19, this is her 3rd child. And my bio daughter has medical complications, so trust me, I know everything isn't peaches and cream. If someone wants to abort because of rape, then go for it. You tell me not to tell them they can't, but yet you want to tell the ones who want to keep it, they shouldn't? Extremely hypocritical. So we can stop the debate you will not change my mind, just like I know I cannot change yours.

Quoting Jaybo:

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

To the girl at the very bottom saying no child out of rape would be looked at with absolute love. They would be looked at with hidden resentment. Lol? She can't apply that to every single raped women who had a child, just like she can't say that every rapes women would love their child, because some will and some won't.

Quoting bluespagan:

ok but just as many if not more were not able to physically and emotionally care for their rapists child and had an abortion.  What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

There are many girls on here who were raped and had the baby. They are glad they kept the baby and they love them to death. Sooo.

Quoting Jaybo:

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't want a baby, keep your legs closed. Abortion is murder and it's always a selfish reason, the highlighted text clearly shows that because of how many times the words I and my come up.

I know I'll get backlash for saying it's always selfish because people will say, "What about rape victims?" It's not the baby's fault the father committed a crime, and being a rape victim myself I can tell you with absolute certainty that I would not have had an abortion if a pregnancy resulted from that rape.

I've never spoken to someone that was happy or relieved they had an abortion, unless they were selfish cold hearted whores, I've spoken to many who regret it.

Quoting bluespagan:

What bullcrap. If you had a child as a result of rape, you'd never look your child in the face with absolute love, you'd look at your child with hidden resentment as your child was not your choice. .

Seriously, what would you tell your child when he/she asked about daddy? That his/her daddy is a man who raped you? If you don't tell your child the truth about his/ her daddy, you'd be a liar & a hypocrite. If you do tell your child the truth, he/ she will go through life with the knowledge he/ she was a result of rape, that he/ she was not a planned/wanted child.  If you can do that to any child, you're a monster.

And your response helps the child of rape, who's mother could well end up resenting them, how? You make no sense. Life is not all peaches & cream, it can be a lot more brutal than you think. Encouraging a woman to have a child as the result of rape, that, she may well end up hating one day, is irrisponsible on your part. If the mother grows to hate the child, there's one more child that will grow up being unloved, or in some cases, abused.

Do you advocate so strongly for the many children out there waiting for adoption, that will never be adopted because of age, disability, color?  Do you advocate so strongly for the many children who are abused, murdered, or neglected by thier own mother & father every year? Instead of causing the endless heated debate over abortion, why don't you spend some time being an advocate for the many children out there who've become invisable to people like you.

Tell us. What have you done for them lately? Have you adopted an older child that is past the age of baby cuteness? Have you contributed funds towards the many abused & neglected children in America today? I highly doubt it. You seem to be more interested in starting a heated debate on abortion just for fun. 

A few stats your & everyone should be aware of, but in reality, don't bother learning.   

More than 29,000 aged out of foster care in 2008, at age 18 without anyone, to live on their own, unprepared and unsupported.

In 2010, an estimated 1,560 children died from abuse and neglect in the United States.

In the same year, Children's Advocacy Centers around the country served over 266,000 child victims of abuse, providing victim advocacy and support to these children and their families. In 2011, this number was over 279,000.

• Approximately 695,000 children were victims of maltreatment (unique instances).

• 47 states reported approximately 3.4 million children received preventative services from Child Protective Services agencies.

• Children younger than one year had the highest rate of victimization of 20.6 per 1,000 children in the population of the same age.

• Of the children who experienced maltreatment or abuse, over 78% experienced neglect; more than 17% were physically abused; just under 10% were sexually abused; approximately 8% were psychologically maltreated; just over 2% were medically neglected; and approximately 10% experienced other types of maltreatment.

• Nearly 80% of reported child fatalities as a result of abuse and neglect were caused by one or more of the child victim's parents.

Among the over 259,000 children served by Children's Advocacy Centers around the country during 2011, some startling statistics include:

• 179,014 children participated in forensic interviewing at a Children's Advocacy Center

Among the over 226,000 alleged offenders investigated for instances of child abuse from January through June 2011, some startling statistics include:

Every Child Matters Education Fund (2009). We Can Do Better: Child Abuse and Neglect Deaths in the U.S. http://www.everychildmatters.org/storage/documents/pdf/reports/wcdbv2.pdf

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Administration for Children & Families. Child Maltreatment 2010. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm10/cm10.pdf

National Children's Alliance 2011 national statistics and 2010 national statistics collected from Children's Advocacy Center members.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

All we went there for was a pregnancey test that it !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

we want to be in and out in less than and hour and were there for 3 hours 

Quoting LANIE2002:

Quoting pj2becca21:

Planned parenthood tried to force me to have one. they even when as far as to get my mom to sign off a release form. and try to pitch us againist each other. it didn't work. 4 year later i have a great blessing and a pure HATE FOR PLANNED PARENTHOOD

U seem to be blaming an entire organization on the act of one doctor. If your reg doc did/said something that really bothered you, wld just write off the whole clinic or just switch docs. With thatsaid the medical field is a business and its up to us to find the right docs that dont believe that.

Jaybo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

Hun for one, you are the one heated, not me lol. I am saying not ALL women would resent a rape child. Will there be some who DO resent? Yes. Abortion is legal they CAN abort.bi am pro life. Do I go hold signs up telling people not to? NO. Do I give an opinion on abortion when it's not asked? NO. Do I know people who've had abortions? YES. Do I bash them? NO. Do I freely going shoving my opinion down people's throats? NO. I wouldn't abort, that doesn't mean you can't.
And I am in the process of adopting :). Thank you. I hope that does help contribute in some way. My sil is 19, this is her 3rd child. And my bio daughter has medical complications, so trust me, I know everything isn't peaches and cream. If someone wants to abort because of rape, then go for it. You tell me not to tell them they can't, but yet you want to tell the ones who want to keep it, they shouldn't? Extremely hypocritical. So we can stop the debate you will not change my mind, just like I know I cannot change yours.

Quoting Jaybo:

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

Quoting bluespagan:

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

Quoting Jaybo:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bluespagan:

"Do I give an opinion on abortion when it's not asked? No."

Wrong. You gave an opinion on abortion. If you hadn't, I wouldn't be responding to your opinion.

You also flit from one opinion to the other & in the process, you change what you say or think in each post, to the point, you make no sense.

That being said, IF you're in the process of adopting a child, I hope you're adopting an older child & not a baby. A baby will have a home in no time, an older child could wait forever.  The many times they're passed over for a cute cuddly baby, is heartbreaking.

pj2becca21
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM

They did they same. it is just sad and shows how weak they really are ( and money hungry) 

I hope you were able to prove them wrong. i know i did 

Quoting Anonymous:

When I found I was pregnant with dd her father pushed me to make an appointment for abortion. Honestly I have no ides what was going on in my head because I wouldn't ever do it. When I called and canceled they started with your making the wrong choice your dooming the fetus after I hung up they started harassing me! I got nasty voicemails about dooming the fetus and how they hope I rot in hell for keeping the child I ended up filing a harassment order against them.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Planned parenthood tried to force me to have one. they even when as far as to get my mom to sign off a release form. and try to pitch us againist each other. it didn't work. 4 year later i have a great blessing and a pure HATE FOR PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN