Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im cursed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My life is so unlucky. I'm mobile so I need to keep this short. But basically ive been unlucky since my second dd birth. Every time we have somewhere to go, she wont take her nap on time, will not sleep long enough, or both. Then it ruins the whole day. She will be.cranky.
Today I managed to get her to nap early because she woke up early. Dh mom called a min after she fell sleep... At 745... And shit like this happens all the time. It honestly never fails. The kid is a bad luck charm. She screams in the car if we have something fun planned too. It's.awful
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-19):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Yeah, I have to lay down with her when she naps too.

Quoting mylovey:

This was Saylor as well. I spent three years holding or wearing Saylor while she napped lol. 

Quoting itseebitsee:

My third never napped unless in my arms. That's the way it goes sometimes.

christi34
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My second child was the same way. She hated to nap. So I found things for her to do that she loved to do. She always liked being read to and she loved looking a picture books. She'll be 13 next Friday (May 11) and she still reads a lot. She has to read to fall asleep.
So don't think of your child as bad luck. Just find something she likes to do to keep her busy.

Quoting mylovey:

This is how my daughter was (still is), though I didn't consider her a bad luck charm. To me, she was just a baby/little one. She still refuses to nap, even though she still needs one. She just does not like to sleep lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiminsean
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Every child is different. If i wouldve had my youngest first he wouldve been an only child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not my first. This one naps the same time every day for 2 to 2.5 hours, unless we have something planned.

Quoting mommy_me:

Umm...mama, that is what children do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Lol she isn't really a bad luck charm, its just exhausting. And it's been raining for many days, and I didn't sleep well, and dh stole my planter for my flowers to plant onions in and planted flowers over my letuce seeds, and he doesn't even like to garden, so what was the point? Lol I'm just miserable today.

Quoting mylovey:

This is how my daughter was (still is), though I didn't consider her a bad luck charm. To me, she was just a baby/little one. She still refuses to nap, even though she still needs one. She just does not like to sleep lol. 

mylovey
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM

How old is she? It does start to get better. At this point, Saylor on occasion naps. She still needs them, but not like she needed them for the first three years. Now, she is mildly cranky around dinner time until bedtime. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mylovey:

This was Saylor as well. I spent three years holding or wearing Saylor while she napped lol. 

Quoting itseebitsee:

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and expecting a bouncing baby boy, Finley. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Fourteen months. I can't wait until she is out of the nap stage.

Quoting mylovey:

How old is she? It does start to get better. At this point, Saylor on occasion naps. She still needs them, but not like she needed them for the first three years. Now, she is mildly cranky around dinner time until bedtime. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mylovey:

Quoting itseebitsee:

mylovey
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Well, we all have those days, and the majority of us have a DH, lol. I don't think you are alone though, and I think it will get a bit easier. DH...... well that doesn't change lol. Mine does stuff like that as well lol.   

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol she isn't really a bad luck charm, its just exhausting. And it's been raining for many days, and I didn't sleep well, and dh stole my planter for my flowers to plant onions in and planted flowers over my letuce seeds, and he doesn't even like to garden, so what was the point? Lol I'm just miserable today.

Quoting mylovey:

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and expecting a bouncing baby boy, Finley. 

BabyFruit Ticker

mylovey
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I swear, it will get easier. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fourteen months. I can't wait until she is out of the nap stage.

Quoting mylovey:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mylovey:

Quoting itseebitsee:

BabyFruit Ticker

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN