Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on food stamps, PA, or anything like that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
What are you doing to get off of it?

No judgement or bashing. Just curious if you have a plan.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Getting my GED this month and I should be getting a call for a job my SIL got me. After that, going to school to become a medical assistant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Still working on that.
I am living in a safe house, just got PA while I was here.
Left an abusive husband, still working out how I am going to make it on my own.
First step is income based housing and even though that's also pa, I will be working and going to school so I can stop the cash assistance at least and eventually graduate and start a career where I will be able to pay my own way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Good for you for getting out. I completely support PA in situations like yours and believe that is truly what it was meant for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Still working on that.

I am living in a safe house, just got PA while I was here.

Left an abusive husband, still working out how I am going to make it on my own.

First step is income based housing and even though that's also pa, I will be working and going to school so I can stop the cash assistance at least and eventually graduate and start a career where I will be able to pay my own way.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
The only "pa" we receive is disability for my son..with that comes medicare. He will always need full time care and will always be disabled. So..I guess I have no plans to be off of it unless I win the lottery. Dh and I both work full time jobs and we have 2 other kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I think disability and Medicare are different. That is offered to everyone who has a disability.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

The only "pa" we receive is disability for my son..with that comes medicare. He will always need full time care and will always be disabled. So..I guess I have no plans to be off of it unless I win the lottery. Dh and I both work full time jobs and we have 2 other kids.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
sorry..on cm they consider this pa. I didn't either. I assumed most pa bashers felt like that tho..not saying you are bashing..oh you know:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I think disability and Medicare are different. That is offered to everyone who has a disability.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My husband works full-time and also goes to school full-time. I am starting college in the fall. I really wish I would've started sooner.

redredhead
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

*eyeroll*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I was on WIC briefly. I qualified after losing my job due to some medical issues that arose after the delivery of my child. To get off of it, I worked towards physical recovery and then got a job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM
DH will be getting disability soon. From the VA. He has earned it. But a disability is a disability.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

sorry..on cm they consider this pa. I didn't either. I assumed most pa bashers felt like that tho..not saying you are bashing..oh you know:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)