Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 9 year old has been getting her period and no one knew

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have one bathroom so I had to pee while my daughter was showering. I noticed her underwear had light blood stains. I asked her if she had blood in her underwear and she said sometimes. Over the past few months she's grown small breasts but she also has a bit of a tummy so I wasn't sure if it was just extra weight. She said it was underwear so she didn't talk about it. Geez! NINE YEARS OLD! She still plays with Barbies. :'(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
Aadensma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It is! You don't feel like a kid anymore, you feel gross...at least I did. I was ten. Then my older bro found out and decided to tell his friends, so they would try talking to me about it :( I always thought I was so weird...

Quoting Baby8901:

By 9 I had c's and got my period. :-/ poor girl! It's embarrassing to get it that young!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
You know, there's an actual medical condition that causes that as well. I honestly can't remember what it's caused, but I had it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I was 13, and it was in the summer right before hs started...it couldn't have happened any better :)
GomezMami2908
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I got my period at 9, and every woman in my life has been hit with the period stick around that time also from 9-11. So with us it doesn't matter if you eat expensive organic food or not like a poster suggested. It is what it is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
My mom was 9 and my grandmother was 10. Care to explain that?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
She is a slender kid for the most part but she eats a lot of sweets at her dads house. They let her eat whatever, whenever. I encourage her to eat healthy but when you have to compete with dads eating habits, its rough. So the tummy is just extra weight.

Quoting LectioDivina:

She has a tummy?

Did that happen to other girls when they got their period? I don't really remember...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I has mine at 6. By 24 I was going through menopause. Now at 27, I have completed menopause and had to have a partial hysterectomy.
ashleywright88
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Guess I was a little older when I started mine then most people were, I was 14. I am glad too lol. I wish you luck on this. But I have to say I am glad I have boys lol.

Baby8901
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Yea, I didn't feel like a kid at all after. I knew what it was because I have 3 older sisters but we hadn't gotten to it in school yet.
All of a sudden you start going to the bathroom a lot and kids start talking about you. :(

Quoting Aadensma:

It is! You don't feel like a kid anymore, you feel gross...at least I did. I was ten. Then my older bro found out and decided to tell his friends, so they would try talking to me about it :( I always thought I was so weird...

Quoting Baby8901:

By 9 I had c's and got my period. :-/ poor girl! It's embarrassing to get it that young!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Yeah but this is old news. Even way before all the additives some girls got the periods this young. Like the peruvian girl who got them when she was like four or five and ended up pregnant because she was molested. Though I agree organic is so so much better. The things we eat are literally killing us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN