Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 9 year old has been getting her period and no one knew

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have one bathroom so I had to pee while my daughter was showering. I noticed her underwear had light blood stains. I asked her if she had blood in her underwear and she said sometimes. Over the past few months she's grown small breasts but she also has a bit of a tummy so I wasn't sure if it was just extra weight. She said it was underwear so she didn't talk about it. Geez! NINE YEARS OLD! She still plays with Barbies. :'(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (301-310):
cstargarner
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I was like 12 or 13 maybe??  Jr High for sure.. I didn't tell my mom because she had a big mouth and told everyone she knew EVERYTHING and I didn't want to be getting "happy period" cards from the neighbors!  lol  The rule was that we couldn't shave our legs til we started our periods so I just started shaving and one day she figured it out. 

Bree88
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I started my period a week before my 10th birthday! I was 9 and nobody else I knew had started their period... other than my older sister. I used toilet paper the first month... the second month I decided to be brave enough to try my sister's tampons. My sister came into the bathroom while I was trying to figure out exactly how to use the tampon. I was so embarressed.... but my sister has always been my rock. She taught me everything and even bought me pads...

funnymommy71
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My dd got her's last summer, she was 12. Twelve has always been about average. BTW, we don't do organic anything and I have no clue what parabens are.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

I have worked in the "industry" for years and see how BIG the cuts are from the cattle, pig, chicken over the years. GROWTH hormone, and anti-biotics. I am 40, the average period was 11-12.  These girls now are 9-10 with a B-cup (minimum- most are a C cup) at 13.  F- that..... I AM a B-cup at 40 with 2 kids!!  Difference- my diet in childhood- I am thin and muscular.  DD, will be going on an organic diet!  

mami323
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

what does she eat?

momof3_2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I was 10 and It was horrible. I have a 5 yr old and It makes me want to cry just thinking that she could start hers in just a few years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on May. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I was about 11 or 12 but I hid it from my mother for several months.  Then one day she saw some stains I guess.  I had been going in her bathroom & taking Maxi pads, as they were called back then!  She never brought it up to me, she just made sure she bought extra pads and kept them in her bathroom cabinet.  when i was 16 and able to drive myself, i bought tampons for myself.  we never once discussed girls or periods or babies or anything.  my mother was so passive and shy.  she knew i would read things in magazines so she left them out for me, that's where i learned almost everything.  

livnbyfaith
by Barbara on May. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I was 9 when I started mine also. My dd was 8. It sucks that they have to deal with that at such a young age.

sheinadora
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Poor girl! Periods suck! My 12 year old got it this year she's so bitchy I can't stand it! Good luck!
janettemtz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Poor thing I got my period at 9 too and it sucked.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:37 AM
I got mine 1 month after turning 11. DD1 will be 11 in July. She already has small breast and pubic hair. I pretty much expect it any day. Luckily, we've had the period talk, so she knows what to expect and to come to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN