Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 9 year old has been getting her period and no one knew

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have one bathroom so I had to pee while my daughter was showering. I noticed her underwear had light blood stains. I asked her if she had blood in her underwear and she said sometimes. Over the past few months she's grown small breasts but she also has a bit of a tummy so I wasn't sure if it was just extra weight. She said it was underwear so she didn't talk about it. Geez! NINE YEARS OLD! She still plays with Barbies. :'(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
kagdwg09
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 14 almost 15 when i started! That seems soo young!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Got mine around 10. It was hell!!!
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I was 10 when I got mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I was 14 as well, and my dd ended up starting hers at 13.  I prepared her for earlier though because her aunt on my ex's side said she was 9 when she got hers.  So, it's in my dd's blood, and I wanted her to be ready for it just in case.

Quoting ashleywright88:

Guess I was a little older when I started mine then most people were, I was 14. I am glad too lol. I wish you luck on this. But I have to say I am glad I have boys lol.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I got mine at 11, but my pedi told me that girls are starting their periods as young as 8. That I should expect my daughter to get hers within the next year or two. She just turned 7

edelweiss23
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I do this as well. I get bashed for it as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
My dd is 13mo. It's never to soon to start. Even if you're breast feeding you can be cautious of your diet(since a lot of it is transfered to your milk.) Milk and meat (and many other foods) have ridiculous amounts of hormones in them. I buy certified organic that is not allowed to have those (and other harmful things) in it. Shampoos, lotions, sunscreens, etc contain parabens which also effect your hormones. You can find products that don't have these in them. These are just examples. There is much more. Of course genetics plays a role in when a girl starts puberty but there are other factors as well. Pumping a child thoughtlessly and uselessly with hormones and hormone altering chemicals on a daily basis is not helping at all. My suggestion is that you do some research on some of the things I mentioned and go from there. Then you'll be able to decide if a similar route is important to you as well.

Quoting Aadensma:

How do you go about that? What's her diet like? I have a daughter (and granted she's only 6 weeks lol but still) and I started my period at 10...I would hate for her to start so young, it really messes with your head.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I agree.

But we avoid milk and meat all together for the most part. Organic, free range for a treat now and then.

Parabens are a huge problem most parents don't know about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I couldn't imagine 9 years old! I got mine at 17!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN