Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 9 year old has been getting her period and no one knew

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have one bathroom so I had to pee while my daughter was showering. I noticed her underwear had light blood stains. I asked her if she had blood in her underwear and she said sometimes. Over the past few months she's grown small breasts but she also has a bit of a tummy so I wasn't sure if it was just extra weight. She said it was underwear so she didn't talk about it. Geez! NINE YEARS OLD! She still plays with Barbies. :'(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
andiecheyenne
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I was 12 when i started. They started telling us girls about it when we were about 9 years old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I was 10. I honestly don't get the big deal over it. The only shocking thing for me was I was wearing white shorts that day. Thank god I caught it early or oh my god the humilation would have been horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Lucky ass! I was 10. I knew someone who was 18. It shouldn't start until at least then..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't imagine 9 years old! I got mine at 17!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt1014
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

My now 12 year old started hers last year and didn't say anything either. After the second "nose bleed" I decided it was time to tell her I knew what was going on. We had already had the "talk" but she was still embarrassed to talk about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

you probably get bashed because you seem to be uneducated about it.  Even with your dietary restrictions your DD could start her period at 9 and it would be completely normal and have nothing to do with what she did or didn't eat.

9 is a typical age to start.  It's at the young end of the spectrum, but there's nothing abnormal about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

.MommyEast.
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I was 10 & my DD is 9 :/ I kind of hid it from my mom but she figured it out right away. lol.

ETA DD hasn't started hers yet but we've had the talk. Poor girls.

cmc638
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Well aren't you special???

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon92
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Many of my friends got their periods around and at that age. :(

Mine came when I was 12 though.. That has to be tough mama! Our babies are growing up too fast.

soon2bemomof307
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Did she not know what it was?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
My cousin was 7... I was 12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)