Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 9 year old has been getting her period and no one knew

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have one bathroom so I had to pee while my daughter was showering. I noticed her underwear had light blood stains. I asked her if she had blood in her underwear and she said sometimes. Over the past few months she's grown small breasts but she also has a bit of a tummy so I wasn't sure if it was just extra weight. She said it was underwear so she didn't talk about it. Geez! NINE YEARS OLD! She still plays with Barbies. :'(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (51-60):
charlene2010
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I had mine at 10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
That's what I think that she thought it was. Its fairly light.

Quoting Anonymous:

i started around 8... sucked. i didnt know what it was either. it was just light bleeding, or it'd be really dark that i thought i was pooping myself. =(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I started my period at nine and had breasts by 10.  I had the body of a grown woman by the time I was 13, and started having sexual desires by 13 and would masturbate every afternoon after school..  I didn't have sex until I was 14 and got pregnant and had a baby by 16. I still have a strong sex drive.  This just runs in our family.

dancer
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Girls do gain weight when they hit puberty.

dancer
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

My sister was in a real bra at 9 and was getting her period too!!! I did not get boobs or period till I was 14.

becoffman2012
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM
My sis daughter was like that she got her period and boobs at 9 she was already in a b, now she14 and in a double d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

i was 10 when i got mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I was ten and had my period twice before it dawned on me what it was. I thought it was poop.

It wasn't what I was expecting at all!!
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I started at nine and told my mom right away. Though I kind of woke up in a bunch of blood that morning and was freaking out traumatized. My mom had just told me that it was okay and she had already warned me that my period may start soon. Which was true. It mad it easier I just wasn't thinking it would be that heavy.

Poor girl was to uncomfortable to tell anyone. That's a problem you need to correct immediately. It's dangerous for her not to be comfortable enough to come to you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Precocious Puberty

Quoting Mamie_85:

You know, there's an actual medical condition that causes that as well. I honestly can't remember what it's caused, but I had it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my dd consumes only organic milk and meat and doesn't use products with parabens in them. People on here love to harass people like me, but there's a reason little girls are getting their periods earlier and earlier as a whole. So I'll keep doing my part to prevent my child from going through puberty when she's too young. It's unhealthy in many ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)