Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im on PA, my husband cheats, and my daughter is sick... but i want another baby.

Posted by   + Show Post
Listen people, why don't you all understand how it works: you have a baby, go through the crap, then YOUR BODY decides its time for another, and you feel like its time for another.

No matter what situation you're in, where you live, how much you make. . . Our bodies are MADE for babies and fucking, and it doesn't care how we feel about it.

So when I see a story about a lady in a bad spot having another baby, I don't judge. She just let her hormones win, that day. Its not ideal, or smart, but here's the kicker: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING SMART. After we have had one child we develop a STRONG urges to make another.

We are all moms, and we don't know this??

EDIT FOR THE SLOW: As moms, we all know there is birth control available. Doesn't stop the urge, for some, but just like taking care of children, its ALL about personal responsibility. There, I said the words. Happy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (111-120):
lalalandlady2
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh lighten up

Quoting acrogodess:

It is not pronounced Arten. So no, I do not imagine the teasing and seriously? These days just about everyone and their mother has "weird" names. No one even blinks anymore.

Quoting lalalandlady2:

could you imagine how bad the teasing would be in school??  farting aerten?

Quoting acrogodess:

What about Aerten after the Celtic goddess of Fate? Bet no one has that name

Quoting PortiaRose:

My mans cousin is athena, her sister is arielle, arielles daughter is isis... so I gotta start digging, now. Lol!

Quoting acrogodess:

Athena, Aphrodite, Isis and Diana are better than Hera if you're going with God names

Quoting PortiaRose:

Oh, we are nowhere near where we need to be, BUT... how does Hera sound, for a girl? My sons name is Odin, I want to keep the god theme...

Quoting ashescee:

But we're not going to have another baby until we are back on our feet but I have serious baby fever right now!!!

Quoting ashescee:

I like you. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I find plenty of things funny, but the thought of kids being bullied does not amuse me.

Quoting lalalandlady2:

Oh lighten up

Quoting acrogodess:

It is not pronounced Arten. So no, I do not imagine the teasing and seriously? These days just about everyone and their mother has "weird" names. No one even blinks anymore.

Quoting lalalandlady2:

could you imagine how bad the teasing would be in school??  farting aerten?

Quoting acrogodess:

What about Aerten after the Celtic goddess of Fate? Bet no one has that name

Quoting PortiaRose:

My mans cousin is athena, her sister is arielle, arielles daughter is isis... so I gotta start digging, now. Lol!

Quoting acrogodess:

Athena, Aphrodite, Isis and Diana are better than Hera if you're going with God names

Quoting PortiaRose:

Oh, we are nowhere near where we need to be, BUT... how does Hera sound, for a girl? My sons name is Odin, I want to keep the god theme...

Quoting ashescee:

But we're not going to have another baby until we are back on our feet but I have serious baby fever right now!!!

Quoting ashescee:

I like you. :)

PortiaRose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I don't know......if I was with a guy who cheated on me, MY BODY, wouldn't be in the mood to have another child. My body would be figuring out where to move to or how to kick my SO out of the apartment or house. I guess that's just me. 

PortiaRose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I've seen some women do that, then find another man to have a baby with.

Quoting vinalex0581:

I don't know......if I was with a guy who cheated on me, MY BODY, wouldn't be in the mood to have another child. My body would be figuring out where to move to or how to kick my SO out of the apartment or house. I guess that's just me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Sometimes I have the urge to throw my DF off the balcony because he pisses me off. But I know that would be a bad idea, so I fight the urge.

If somebody cannot control their urge to have a child when they aren't in a good place for it, there is something wrong with them. We are more advanced than animals. We have the ability to use reason and logic, and make good decisions despite what our body tells us it wants.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

it makes sense to find someone else to be with. 

you don't want to have a baby with someone who cheats on you. it's wrong. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting vinalex0581:

PortiaRose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I feel you.

But.

Some women do cuz they wanna keep their man.

Its still a fucked up decision.

Quoting vinalex0581:

it makes sense to find someone else to be with. 

you don't want to have a baby with someone who cheats on you. it's wrong. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting vinalex0581:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Our bodies also have brains so we can use them! Like having common sense to take your damn birth control. This post was the dumbest rationalization I have ever heard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous71321
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Way to equate human beings to any other animal on the planet.  With this rational, we are no better than hyenas.  Great thinking there Sherlock.

Quoting PortiaRose:

No matter what situation you're in, where you live, how much you make. . . Our bodies are MADE for babies and fucking, and it doesn't care how we feel about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)