Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY we are here.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had a thought after reading another post.  It seems to me that people everywhere have forgotten our purpose.  It is sad to know that you can't have anything if you don't have something.  A house, a car (or 2..of course 3 is better), a boat, a microwave, a dish washer...the list goes on and on.  But really, in the scheme of things, what is that going to get you?  Is what you own or how much money you have going to matter when you are dead?  I know that I am going to get bashed for this and that's ok.  I know that my post here is not going to change anything.  I don't post much unless it really means something to me.  I just wish people would open their eyes and see how horrible the world has gotten.  So what is our purpose?  Of course I don't know the "reason" for our existence, but as every other living species, shouldn't we just make sure our species survives?  Yes, we should have babies.  When we have babies, we are supposed to teach them how to survive.  When and why has it been that surviving means being greedy, money and possession hungry? 

I could say so much more but I would rather go for a walk.  Have a nice day.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My parents taught me to be a caring person as well. That also taught me to work hard and succeed in areas of my life that they didnt. This is what I hope my children do as well. I my girls to be better and have more life than I did, I dont want them to struggle. I think this has been the norm for a long long long time. That is my point

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually wasn't arguing at all.  My parents wanted me to be a kind decent person (which is why I wasn't arguing with you :) ).  They didn't care how much stuff they had nor how much stuff I had. 

I just questioned your wording.  I really don't argue.  And you are correct, money is not what I should have typed.

Quoting mommy_me:

Why is everyone on this site so arguementative and rude?

Im speaking from an evolutionary standpoint. Didnt your parents want you to be better than them, do succeed more in life where they didnt? That is the point I was trying to make. I said nothing about money. Geez so much for a civil conversation. BTW if you dont like my opinion(one you asked for btw) then dont reply to it. Hope you get replies you are looking for.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents did not teach me to have more.  I learned to have what I needed.  I don't needluxuries.  So the more money you have, the better your kids?  ok then. 

Quoting mommy_me:

When? This has been happening since the beginning of time. The more you have the better you are in society, the better chance you of you to breed a better next generation. Sucks but if you think about it, that is just what our parents taught us and theirs before them. Every generation exspect the next to do better and have more. Blame our ancestors for beginning this 1000's of years ago

liz.1986
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting things. It's when you become materialistic that it becomes a problem, imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM
A rich man plans for three generations.

A poor man plans for tonight.

It is not the rich persons fault that they made an effort to better themselves, their lives, their educations, and made a good future for themselves and their childre.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I agree with you, everyone thinks they are so amazing for having all of these material things, when the world is ending, no money in the world will keep you alive!

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I love my dishwasher.  Without a dishwasher and many other material things, I would have less time to dedicate to my children and certainly wouldn't have time to go for walks.  My grandmother washed all the laundry by hand for a family of 9.  If that is what you enjoy, more power to you.  That is not for me. I will stick with my material front loaders.

I couldn't imagine, in this day and age and how fast life moves around us, not having at least some luxuries to ease the burden and spend my time doing more enjoyable things.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM

lol...that wasn't really my point but this from you doesn't surprise me one bit.  I've had what you would consider a  "better" life.  I gave it up because I realized what was actually important.  I wasn't blaming anyone for anything.  Have a wonderful day.

Quoting marchantmom06:

A rich man plans for three generations.

A poor man plans for tonight.

It is not the rich persons fault that they made an effort to better themselves, their lives, their educations, and made a good future for themselves and their childre.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I have my children help me wash dishes.  It's a great time to talk while teaching them to wash dishes.   

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I love my dishwasher.  Without a dishwasher and many other material things, I would have less time to dedicate to my children and certainly wouldn't have time to go for walks.  My grandmother washed all the laundry by hand for a family of 9.  If that is what you enjoy, more power to you.  That is not for me. I will stick with my material front loaders.

I couldn't imagine, in this day and age and how fast life moves around us, not having at least some luxuries to ease the burden and spend my time doing more enjoyable things.  

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I am sure you have zero luxuries in your home to make life easier and free up your time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have my children help me wash dishes.  It's a great time to talk while teaching them to wash dishes.   

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

We get one life, and I am going to ENJOY it. :) I can enjoy it a lot more with money to buy things for my family and take vacations with. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I didn't say that at all.  I use my washing machine on a regular basis.  I also have a stove, refrigerator and fan.  I wasn't being rude, I was simply stating what I do.  I didn't say you are a horrible mother because you use a dishwasher.  lol  I'm not one of "those" anons.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I am sure you have zero luxuries in your home to make life easier and free up your time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured