Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are NOT on any type of assistance *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies

How do you do it? Do both of you work? Does one work and make so much money you have enough to pay all your bills? Seems like it is soooo hard to live without getting some money from the state or something to help.  

I love hearing the spirit of so many of you. The stories of financail difficulties and the work youve done to make it work on your own. I love it. Thank you for sharing, it has been ispiring.  And i have never been on any pa, my husband makes an ok living, and we live within our means. Kind of my point with the post. Glad to see so many positives, not, yeah, i dont know how you do it either.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiecakesmommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a job that pays well and I manage my money well.

I'm the only one in my house working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
We were on pa at one time but we have been free of it for years now. My hubs was a waiter when we met. Late in 2005 he took a job as a deckhand on the river in Baton Rouge. We had to move from our home state of Oklahoma for this job but it was really good money. He has worked his way up from the bottom and has gotten several raises since he first started. He is now the boat pilot and brings in 62,000 annually. He used to only bring in 20,000 annually. I am a sahm so he has always been our soul breadwinner. But we had to move back to Oklahoma because of uncontrollable circumstances. He still goes back and forth between two states for work and to see us. We have been working on how we can really live together again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I am the only working member of the family right now.  we make too much money by $50 to qualify for assistance or I would have taken it.  We make due by spending wisely and bartering.

tifbrown
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM
We live quite comfortably with only one income. All our bill are paid (we have a lot) on time, in full. We have never recieved any kind of government support, but did have help from my parents when we were having major troubles a few years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnjohnson5
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
My husband makes enough to support our family of eight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
DH works full time and we have a budget that we stick to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My Dh has an amazing job where we are comfortable and enables me to be a sahm and do volunteer work. We are blessed.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My wife works 48 hours a week, I do what I can to make extra money, and we try not to get a whole bunch of extras.

coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My husband works and makes enough to support us.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

We both worked to get good jobs before starting a family.  I lost my job and stay home now, but we still do ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN