Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are NOT on any type of assistance *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do you do it? Do both of you work? Does one work and make so much money you have enough to pay all your bills? Seems like it is soooo hard to live without getting some money from the state or something to help.  

I love hearing the spirit of so many of you. The stories of financail difficulties and the work youve done to make it work on your own. I love it. Thank you for sharing, it has been ispiring.  And i have never been on any pa, my husband makes an ok living, and we live within our means. Kind of my point with the post. Glad to see so many positives, not, yeah, i dont know how you do it either.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (171-180):
MommyLehr
by Veronica on May. 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM
My duh makes enough money to support us! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy-go-lucky
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Dh and I own a company. He does most of the work and I stay home with the kids. We don't do extra stuff, don't eat out, I shop the sales and use coupons. We keep our expenses as low as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

My husband is 24 and I 20, Im pregnant with our first baby. We opened a store together, and he runs it all day. he stays at the store from 11am to 8pm, its 3 mins from our house. Our bills are: Car payment $530, insurance $300, Rent: $700, Phone bill: $200, Monthly expenses (food and gas 1500) and we save like 4500 after that, Thanks to God..but before that he worked like a dog maybe 18-20 hour shifts at gas stations, we lived hardly getting by at all, and we used all the money we made and put it into opening our own store. He wants me to study and have an education behind me which is why he doesnt want me to work. Thank God but things turned out for us.

Really, in this economy its BS to work for other people..its so easy and not HORRIBLY expensive to open a small store or something, and you will make money beyond your wildest dreams. But it takes time...I opened my own little kiosk in the mall on $5000 and that did well, but I closed it cause we moved so...anything is possible. Good luck to you

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM
My husband works very hard to support us and I budget carefully so that we can live on his low income. It's not easy, but we have never applied for any type of pa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

We both work. We both need to work in order to afford all our bills and rent. 

Yes it can be difficult, but oh well. It is what it is. I don't think people should be counting on handouts their whole lives. 

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My husband works and I stay home.  He makes enough money for us to live this way and make it work.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
We both work and we manage our money well.
People live outside their means and that is when its hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on May. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Because you asked, my husband grosses $107,000 a year.  He does not have a college degree and gets to work from home three days a week when he's not teaching classes.  he is a technical trainer for GE Oil and Gas.  He is great at his job.  So great that he has guys on rigs calling him from all over the world to get his advice on how to handle a problem.  He earns his money and paid his dues by having to spend months at a time away from home and in dangerous countries.  Thank goodness he stopped that as soon as we decided to start having children.

Quoting Anonymous:

alot of the women say there husbands work enough to support them....... what is enough?  i know its a personal question but you can go anon.  my dh makes about $1600 a month, I make only about $700/mo we are on housing assistance right now they pay about
$500 of our rent and we get about $1000 in fs.  so just to make it each month on our own we would need to make

$900 for rent, $200 for electric, $120 for insurance, $100 for cable phone internet, $150 for cell phone and about $1000 for food. And thats not to mention daily gas needs, medical, etc.  We would probably need to make about $3200 a month just to be off of assistance.

how do you guys do it? 

Are all of you living comfortably without assistance college graduates?  That was never an option for dh and I so this is what we have to do to get buy.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I am a SAHM and DH makes 6 figures. We do fine.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Elayna90
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM
We were on PA at one time. We still recieve medical for my oldest due to disability. Our insurance will not cover him.
For a while we were both working to get on our feet. Once the bills were paid we saved everything. We still do. We also invested in the place we were working and now own a small share. My husbands income from working covers our bills and enough for little extras. On his income alone we do qualify but the restaurant brings us in enough that we don't qualify.
As long as we are careful and budget, we are fine. We both live simply. If we don't have the money in the bank to buy something, we don't buy it so we have no debt. Once we got on our feet and got a budget down and a bit in savings, it got easier to stay there. It was getting on our feet that was the hardest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)