Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are NOT on any type of assistance *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do you do it? Do both of you work? Does one work and make so much money you have enough to pay all your bills? Seems like it is soooo hard to live without getting some money from the state or something to help.  

I love hearing the spirit of so many of you. The stories of financail difficulties and the work youve done to make it work on your own. I love it. Thank you for sharing, it has been ispiring.  And i have never been on any pa, my husband makes an ok living, and we live within our means. Kind of my point with the post. Glad to see so many positives, not, yeah, i dont know how you do it either.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (201-209):
LovelyBugs
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Dh does pretty good but he is gone all the time...he works a little over 300 days out of the year so I can be at home to take care of the kids and him when he comes home...him being gone sometimes takes its toll on us because we miss him so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM
My husband works, and I stay home and take care of the home. We married young, (I was 19, he was 20) but both knew we wanted a specific quality of life. We've never been on any sort of assistance. We both worked very hard to ensure we have a sound financial future. My husband's education, along with his drive to be the best has helped to open doors, allowing for a lucrative career.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I homeschool and live on one income.  I also raise chickens for cash in the summer to help put money into savings.  It is not easy but worth the time I have put into it.  I have become very good at finding good deals on different things.  We do not have any car payments and we also have out bills set to a minimum.  We do have money for a few extra things that are important.  Our life is not easy but it does make me happy.  

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM
My dh works and we live within our means. I meal plan and shop at aldis to save on groceries and we have insurance through his job. I am also taking a CNA program through a local tech school so I should also have a job by the end of the summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kennadismom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM
We both work. We've been together 8 years only married for a month. After DD was born I went back to school and he worked 2 Jobs. DD was on medical assistance and when the case worker found out I went back to school he put in an app for me for food stamps, and I got wic. I was on F's for the last year I was in school. Dh was serving at a restaurant at the time so it really helped. I went on a job interview 1 week after I graduated and when I got the job I immediately called and got off assistance. Ive been working for almost a year now and when things get tight I pick up shifts for the extra money ESP because since adding him I at 430.00 a month for healthcare!! I'm actually getting ready for work now DD birthday is next month so I figure we could use the extra cash
NDADanceMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM

My husband makes plenty.  Im looking for a job right now to give me something to do and its really hard!  I feel sorry for anyone that needs one right now.  Good ones are hard to find. 

Sam.Marie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Hubby has a great job! Sure we do without certain things (no cable, have to save up to buy big purchases). Besides our house we don't have any major debt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

For many many yrs I worked fulltime along with my husband. It was more of a "for me something to do" type thing. I saw no point in sitting home all day while the kids were in school. So his pay paid the bills...and mine was extra...vacations, savings, things the kids needed all thru school/high school.

I no longer work...he makes plenty for us to live comfortably. We've never been on assistance.

But we've also always lived within our means, we save for what we want...we dont blow money just because we can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
He has a good job. He brings in about 5,500 a month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN