Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he legally my father?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
My mom gave me my birth certificate, I've never really looked at it before. Well, I just did and my dad didn't put his real name! He put his alias at the time instead of his legal name. Wtf. -.-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Well don't on some documents require you to put all the aliases you used before. I'd just go with its your father, but he just used his alias at the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

interesting..

honestly, i dont know my legal name. i have two birth certificates- two social security cards (with the sane number)... 2 passports...only one drivers license though... but i have bank accounts in 2 different names. i truly dont know which one is my real name. =|

ChaoticSoul
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
He never legally went by that name tho. I didn't have to list aliases for my kids birth cert. My dad wouldn't have anyway cuz he was wanted for the majority of my life. Hence the alias on the b/c.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticSoul
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM
How did that happen? I'd just pick one. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

interesting..

honestly, i dont know my legal name. i have two birth certificates- two social security cards (with the sane number)... 2 passports...only one drivers license though... but i have bank accounts in 2 different names. i truly dont know which one is my real name. =|

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

my mom changed it when i was a few months old.. but we were living out of the country at the time and i have no idea if it was an official change... they would've also had to change it in the country we were living in (i'm a citizen there too)- but they never did that, so legally i'm known as (names are changing! lol)... Marie Ashley there... but in the US, i can go by that, or Ashley Marie cuz i have documentation of both.. well, somewhat. i dont have the LEGAL paperwork stating that it was changed, so technically, there's no official proof that it was changed and in which way- like which came first- Ashley Marie or Marie Ashley.... the only proof is the documentations of my birth certificates, SSN, passports and all that crap. lol

Quoting ChaoticSoul:

Quoting Anonymous:

interesting..

ChaoticSoul
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Its not a drama post so it gets like no replies. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticSoul
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I like Ashley Marie better

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom changed it when i was a few months old.. but we were living out of the country at the time and i have no idea if it was an official change... they would've also had to change it in the country we were living in (i'm a citizen there too)- but they never did that, so legally i'm known as (names are changing! lol)... Marie Ashley there... but in the US, i can go by that, or Ashley Marie cuz i have documentation of both.. well, somewhat. i dont have the LEGAL paperwork stating that it was changed, so technically, there's no official proof that it was changed and in which way- like which came first- Ashley Marie or Marie Ashley.... the only proof is the documentations of my birth certificates, SSN, passports and all that crap. lol

Quoting ChaoticSoul:

Quoting Anonymous:

interesting..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Lol uhh no drama....im out! Lol syke. Errrrrr ask.for ur birth certificate. You have a license??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Was he MARRIED legally to your Mother at the time of your birth?

diamondsetter
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I don't know :/ sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN