Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People on PA getting the "most expensive diapers"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 526 Replies
8 moms liked this
I just saw this in another post. She said her daughter got a rash unless they used the most expensive diapers and wipes. So it was alot of money down the drain. My question is....if you are doing that bad financially why don't you use cloth diapers?? They are super cheap and better for your baby anyway?
Just a thought.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizz2011
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

She probably doesn't want to wash them. I'm going to use cloth diapers, and you can get all in one one size pocket diapers on ebay for $3 each.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Cloth isn't super cheap to start off with...it's expensive to start with but then once you have a stash you have nothing to buy.
I use OS with inserts and each diaper costs between $10-$15.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
17 moms liked this

I don't know about getting the most expensive diapers while on PA, but I think cloth diapering is gross. what happens if they do not have a washing machine? I would hardly like to clean poop diapers in a sink or a bath tub.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Really? On eBay? I'll have to check that out!!

Quoting Lizz2011:

She probably doesn't want to wash them. I'm going to use cloth diapers, and you can get all in one one size pocket diapers on ebay for $3 each.

eastcoastmama11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of people don't want to go through the work to wash them, or they aren't educated on the subject and just never thought of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It can be. But if you just use prefolds and simple covers it is still super cheap. I did that with my first and hardly spent a thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cloth isn't super cheap to start off with...it's expensive to start with but then once you have a stash you have nothing to buy.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
4 moms liked this

We cloth diaper but for someone who can't afford diapers normally how are they going to be able to afford the start up cost of cloth? Not everyone has a washer either.

I do think cloth is better but in some situations it's impossible to be able to afford, even prefolds and covers are at least $100 and while yes it's MUCH cheaper in the long run, it's not always possible to by disposables and save for cloth.

mommyakabooby
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
My start up costs for cloth was about 100$. I got 3 dozen prefols, and some one size fits all covers. Took my son from birth to potty training. Only if I did it over, I'd start out with flat folds for a newborn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
62 moms liked this
I am so fucking sick of the PA posts! Do you bitches have nothing better to do with your time than judge other womans decisions? Shit!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I got our cloth diapers through Freecycle--never spent a penny on diapering our youngest!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN