Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People on PA getting the "most expensive diapers"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just saw this in another post. She said her daughter got a rash unless they used the most expensive diapers and wipes. So it was alot of money down the drain. My question is....if you are doing that bad financially why don't you use cloth diapers?? They are super cheap and better for your baby anyway?
Just a thought.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

It sounds like this is a clue as to why they are doing poorly.  Some of the wealthiest people are are biggest penny punchers.

sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

im not on PA and i use luvs and parent choice wipes...i don't want to cloth diaper...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand that they can be annoying to wash. But I just feel like if money is that tight...wouldn't you want to do all you can to stretch that dollar a little father?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Yes they do stink. Even if you rinse them out they still have a residual smell until they are washed. Not everyone has to agree. I was just pointing out why I CHOSE not to do clothe diapers and why I can see others on a limited income with no washer wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Anonymous:

MOST (not all) people on PA do not own a home... they usually live in an apt w/out a washer/dryer. It would cost more to have to do laundry at a laundry mat and the stench of dirty diapers. No thanks. I never used clothe diapers because i hated changing them when i babysat.

One load every 4-5 days does not cost much. Nor do they stink...

SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I love how someone who chooses NOT to use cloth diapers is considered lazy.

smh.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

1. she probaly is lazy and can't fathom washing cloth diapers.

2. Maybe the expensive diapers are the only diapers that won't give her baby a rash.

charmgirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maaaayyybbbeee you are trying to be helpful but I'm really so annoyed by posts that say "PA" and asking or judging what other people are doing with their money. Obvi there are people who abuse the system...out getting their nails done, hair done, driving nice cars blah blah. But just because people are on PA doesn't mean they don't still have a right to make decisions about other aspects such as what car to drive, what food to make, what diapers to use, breastfeed vs. Bottles and formula, whether they have video games or tvs or computers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who it's judging? I am really trying to offer some advice. Maybe some won't want to take it, but I thought it could be helpful to hear how much it costs, etc. I am definitely not judging. I was on PA for the first 4 years of my son's life.

Quoting charmgirl:

I am so fucking sick of the PA posts! Do you bitches have nothing better to do with your time than judge other womans decisions? Shit!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Cloth isn't as cost effective if you have no washer/dryer. Perhaps that's why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I agree!! And even if washed a hundred times over....what is a cloth diaper really doing for our environment? They will eventually end up in a landfill.  

You can put diapers in your green bin now. But cloth, unless biodegradable, will remain a cloth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they do stink. Even if you rinse them out they still have a residual smell until they are washed. Not everyone has to agree. I was just pointing out why I CHOSE not to do clothe diapers and why I can see others on a limited income with no washer wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Anonymous:

MOST (not all) people on PA do not own a home... they usually live in an apt w/out a washer/dryer. It would cost more to have to do laundry at a laundry mat and the stench of dirty diapers. No thanks. I never used clothe diapers because i hated changing them when i babysat.

KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know about getting the most expensive diapers while on PA, but I think cloth diapering is gross. what happens if they do not have a washing machine? I would hardly like to clean poop diapers in a sink or a bath tub.

I agree....and if u have to wash em u have to buy washing stuff it will cast..so I dont see he savings.
charmgirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
And just saying laundry IS expensive at the laundromat. It can EASILY add up to a 100/month expense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)