Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think less of moms who...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dont have custody of their kids? I definitely do. Joint custody is fine, that totally makes sense and good for you picking a man that was gonna help raise his kid, whether or not you were together. Moms that dont have custody of their kids, and only have visitation or no visitation at all, make me wonder what is wrong with them.... I know courts are supposed to be fair, but lets be honest, most moms end up being the custodial parent; so whenever i meet a mom that isnt, i cant help but judge you...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarinaVictoria
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
True. But I try not to judge..... Maybe she went through a rough period and ended up losing her kids because of it. But it doesn't mean she can't ever have custody of them.

But I would probably go insane if I didn't have custody of my DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I don't because I know two moms that walked out and left their children. Decided they didn't want to be married with kids. The fathers have done great jobs with their children.

kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
6 moms liked this
You can never judge anyone unless you've walked in their shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
So you dont judge those mothers, or secretly think wtf, for walking out on their kids?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I don't because I know two moms that walked out and left their children. Decided they didn't want to be married with kids. The fathers have done great jobs with their children.

eastcoastmama11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Of course. There has got to be a pretty good reason why you don't have custody of your children.

I have sole custody of my daughter. When I filed for divorce my ex told me he was going to tell them I was on drugs, unfit, unstable.. a bunch of nonsense. When you actually go to court it's pretty easy for them to see what is really going on. Not to mention perjury is a pretty serious crime lol. 

I honestly cannot imagine not having custody of my child.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So you dont judge those mothers, or secretly think wtf, for walking out on their kids?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

not really because I think they both knew the children would be better raised by dad.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM
5 moms liked this

Sooo, do you think dads can't or shouldn't be the primary caregiver just cuz " it's usually the mom"?  I have a friend who give her ex primary custody because he lives in a btter area than she does currently ( the area she lives in is very high crime - everyday on the news you see about another couple murders there - literally, everyday) and he also lives in a much better school district.  Is she a bad mom because, even though it means them living away from her, she wants them to have the best? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Exactly. I can't imagine not having my kids, and can't help thinking wtf is wrong with you that the judge took your kids away.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Of course. There has got to be a pretty good reason why you don't have custody of your children.

I have sole custody of my daughter. When I filed for divorce my ex told me he was going to tell them I was on drugs, unfit, unstable.. a bunch of nonsense. When you actually go to court it's pretty easy for them to see what is really going on. Not to mention perjury is a pretty serious crime lol. 

I honestly cannot imagine not having custody of my child.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on May. 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM
And those are some that I think less of.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Most often yes.  Either they have done something to not recieve rights or have chosen to not have them.  Regardless it makes me think less of them in most cases.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN