Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never breastfeed my children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to, I really do, and I may even be able to.. but I'm not going to.

I have Polands Syndrome. Which is the absence of the pectoralis major on one side. The left side, for me. When I was 16 I had an expander put in my chest, and when I was 17 I got an implant on my left side.

I have researched breastfeeding with Polands Syndrome.. there isn't much information on it, because it is a very rare condition, but I found some. Almost every mother on there who breastfed with their implant said that breastfeeding left them looking worse than before they had surgery. I can't do that. I remember what it was like having one size C breast and one completely flat side. It was horrible.. once I finally had surgery it was amazing! It changed my life! I never want to be so uneven and off again :(. I also don't want to undo thousands of dollars of appointments and surgery.

Even not breastfeeding with my first I am a little uneven.. as my right side is saggier than my left because it isn't an implant. I would love to get surgery to lift my right side back up when I'm done having kids.. but don't want to go through the whole thing with my already exsisting implant.

So there you have it. I feel guilty, and kind of like a sucky mom because half of the reason I won't do it is cosmetic.

But I know I'll probably never breastfeed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

You said that already.

Any time now..

Quoting briansmommy2010:

I never claimed to be a better mother. I just can't fathom not wanting to give your child the best nutrition possible, because it may make your breasts look uneven. Seems as if your priorities are pretty messed up here.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thank you for your understanding. I'm sure you are a much better mother.

You can walk out of the post now.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Yes, I do understand, but thank you for insulting my ability to read.

I still don't agree with your point here. I can't imagne how the way your breasts look could be more important than your child's nutrition.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously don't understand.

I don't have a left breast. At all. Underneath my implant it is as flat as my toddlers chest.

No amount of push will make it unnoticeable.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Eh...I feel I may have to walk out of this post. I just can't imagine choosing to not breastfeed because you don't want your breasts to not look good. They make push-up bras ya know.

GomezMami2908
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
6 moms liked this

You really don't need to explain yourself to anyone, ESPECIALLY the women on this site. 

For anyone to say anything about your condition is idiotic! We have no clue what you've been thru and I can't believe anyone would judge you without walking a mile in your shoes. 

Not breastfeeding DOES NOT, NOT, NOT, make you a bad mother. You don't need an excuse to not breastfeed, it's a personal choice that each mom can make. PERIOD. 

Please, don't let these bitches get to you, they will insult you and bash you to hell and you do not deserve that in any way, shape, or form...NO MOTHER DOES! 

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Uh oh, watch out now, the CM police are in town, telling everybody what they can and cannot respond to.

Enjoy your perfect breasts. Hope your child doesn't suffer in order for you to have them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You said that already.

Any time now..

Quoting briansmommy2010:

I never claimed to be a better mother. I just can't fathom not wanting to give your child the best nutrition possible, because it may make your breasts look uneven. Seems as if your priorities are pretty messed up here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

I still don't agree with your point here. I can't imagne how the way your breasts look could be more important than your child's nutrition.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a left breast. At all. Underneath my implant it is as flat as my toddlers chest.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Eh...I feel I may have to walk out of this post. I just can't imagine choosing to not breastfeed because you don't want your breasts to not look good. They make push-up bras ya know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I really was just looking for some support. I've been thinking about it as my DH and I are TTC and have been feeling kind of guilty. So thank you for your understanding. It's nice to know I'm not totally alone in feeling that this is okay.. :).

Quoting GomezMami2908:

You really don't need to explain yourself to anyone, ESPECIALLY the women on this site. 

For anyone to say anything about your condition is idiotic! We have no clue what you've been thru and I can't believe anyone would judge you without walking a mile in your shoes. 

Not breastfeeding DOES NOT, NOT, NOT, make you a bad mother. You don't need an excuse to not breastfeed, it's a personal choice that each mom can make. PERIOD. 

Please, don't let these bitches get to you, they will insult you and bash you to hell and you do not deserve that in any way, shape, or form...NO MOTHER DOES! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

:)

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Uh oh, watch out now, the CM police are in town, telling everybody what they can and cannot respond to.

Enjoy your perfect breasts. Hope your child doesn't suffer in order for you to have them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You said that already.

Any time now..

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Exactly! and this is coming from someone who breatfeeds! Im so tired of seeing posts/replies about how other moms look down on the moms who dont breastfeed! if formula wasnt ok for babies to have then there wouldnt be any formula!

Quoting Anonymous:

I chose not to breastfeed for no other reason than it was my choice. You don't have to have a reason not to... it is personal.
My boys are happy and healthy kids... my sister breastfed and her kids were always sick. As long as you are caring foor your child, that is what matters.

crispysmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM
That's too bad. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Do not feel guilty, do not allow anyone to make you feel guilty. And I wish you tons of luck in your TTC journey! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I really was just looking for some support. I've been thinking about it as my DH and I are TTC and have been feeling kind of guilty. So thank you for your understanding. It's nice to know I'm not totally alone in feeling that this is okay.. :).

Quoting GomezMami2908:

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You know what, you disgust me! You don't know what this mom has been through! You don't have the condition that she does! Until you walk a mile in her shoes, you have no right to judge her for this!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Like I said to the other one, I really don't give a shit what you say about me.

OP admitted that her reasons are superficial. That disgusts ME, that somebody would care more about their appearance than their child's nutritional needs.

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

You know what, you disgust me! You don't know what this mom has been through! You don't have the condition that she does! Until you walk a mile in her shoes, you have no right to judge her for this!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)