Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never breastfeed my children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to, I really do, and I may even be able to.. but I'm not going to.

I have Polands Syndrome. Which is the absence of the pectoralis major on one side. The left side, for me. When I was 16 I had an expander put in my chest, and when I was 17 I got an implant on my left side.

I have researched breastfeeding with Polands Syndrome.. there isn't much information on it, because it is a very rare condition, but I found some. Almost every mother on there who breastfed with their implant said that breastfeeding left them looking worse than before they had surgery. I can't do that. I remember what it was like having one size C breast and one completely flat side. It was horrible.. once I finally had surgery it was amazing! It changed my life! I never want to be so uneven and off again :(. I also don't want to undo thousands of dollars of appointments and surgery.

Even not breastfeeding with my first I am a little uneven.. as my right side is saggier than my left because it isn't an implant. I would love to get surgery to lift my right side back up when I'm done having kids.. but don't want to go through the whole thing with my already exsisting implant.

So there you have it. I feel guilty, and kind of like a sucky mom because half of the reason I won't do it is cosmetic.

But I know I'll probably never breastfeed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Replies (221-227):
lalaboosh
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM
This is all I see: STUPID DEFENSIVE BULLSHIT. There are other ways to bond. Bfing is good for bonding, yes. Sorry that FACT bothers you. My main problem with formula is the fucked off nutrition and ffers who act like it's healthy. Now take your bullshit elsewhere. I've stated that you're wrong about who you think I am enough. I'm satisfied.

Move along.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

See? This is why I didn't wanna bother w ur bullshit in the first place. They could improve formula, and bfers will still bitch about bonding or some other crap because its not really about nutrition, is it? It's about feeling like ur better than other people. No one can stop u from complaining about what other people r feeding their kids or how they discipline or anything else.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Are you kidding me? Why bother improving formula when bfing advocates will WHAT??? You are being super dumb. I'm done with you. Lol!

Quoting NonaScheib38:

It doesn't sound like lack of mindfulness for the op. No one on cm ever says "i didn't breastfeed" they start w that and ALWAYS have to follow it up w "because I couldnt, I dried up, I have weird boobs, my milk never came in, etc". Every time I see a ffing post, there are tons of excuses. Clearly people are mindful of the stigma that comes w ffing, and clearly they don't need to hear about all the things that can "possibly" go wrong.

There are plenty of scare stats to discourage someone from breastfeeding. If u don't eat proper nutrition, then ur breastfed baby doesn't get proper nutrition. Also, stress hormones deeply effect a babys brain development, and if ur forcing a baby to breastfeed when its such a challenge that u n ur baby are stressed all the time, its not good.

I think, like all things, formula feeding is not a single explanation for a lot of the scary things bfers bring up. People can always mention someone they know who was or wasn't bf and did fine or became a rapist. Its, like u said, how we RAISE our kids. I can breastfeed all day long but if I treat my kid like shit he's not gonna get the leg up from bfing.

And why get all in the formula companies faces when no matter what they make breastfeeders are gonna freak out?

Quoting lalaboosh:

Because how we raise our kids affects the rest of society. Getting a good foundation for a healthy life can mean lower healthcare costs in the long run. I think mothers who are able to breastfeed should for lots of reasons. It decreases their cancer risk as well as baby's. It improves the bond between mother and child and helps kids have the confidence to be independant. I'm not saying formula feeding makes your baby instantly a trainwreck. I'm saying it's the lack of mindfulness, not the actions. If I need formula again (yes, again, I needed formula for several months. Although I and DH were a bit short on food for ourselves we chose to buy organic in the hopes that it would be a little better than the similac or enfamil from WIC) I'll be making it myself this time. Formula feeding parents need to wake up and smell the gmos in that corn syrup in their kid's formula. Take your anger to formula companies, not me. They have the knowledge, but not enough demand better quality.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

Because who the Fuck gives a shit?

Quoting lalaboosh:

And that makes choosing to give subpar nutrition (formula) as apposed to the adequate nutrition (breastmilk) that IS available a good choice because...?

Quoting NonaScheib38:

And there's a possibility that none of those things will happen, and even if they did there's nothing that can say exclusively that ffing was the reason. Kids are different, period. For instance, my breastfed baby was much sicker much more often and fussier than my formula fed baby.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You do realize that the cost of formula is huge and the health of your kids will forever be affected by this, right? You'll possibly give them allergies to diary, they may get sick more often, they may have weight issues. That all will cost more than fixing your boobs. It's important to think about all the aspects before making a choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on May. 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Who the fuck are you to judge her on how she decides to feed her kid? I didn't bf, because *gasp* I carried my kids for 9 months and was ready to get myself back, oh snap now that's selfish.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Like I said to the other one, I really don't give a shit what you say about me.

OP admitted that her reasons are superficial. That disgusts ME, that somebody would care more about their appearance than their child's nutritional needs.

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

You know what, you disgust me! You don't know what this mom has been through! You don't have the condition that she does! Until you walk a mile in her shoes, you have no right to judge her for this!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Eh...I feel I may have to walk out of this post. I just can't imagine choosing to not breastfeed because you don't want your breasts to not look good. They make push-up bras ya know.

piratepixie
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM

i see nothing wrong with you chosing to not breastfeed your baby, its your choice and no matter that your desision is it is still yours. im pregnant now and i probably wont breastfeed my baby. i may a little for the first few days but after that i plan to bottle feed because that is what works for me. it has nothing to do with my boobs or anything else. i still believe in the mother child bounding and we will still have that. but i feel that it is the best choice in my case.

LucyHarper
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Okay, wasn't this posted a while ago? Does it really matter in the least in the long run if someone is breastfed or formula fed?

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
All u see is "stupid defensive bullshit"? O man now I feel bad for Trying to have a discussion w someone who can't read.

Quoting lalaboosh:

This is all I see: STUPID DEFENSIVE BULLSHIT. There are other ways to bond. Bfing is good for bonding, yes. Sorry that FACT bothers you. My main problem with formula is the fucked off nutrition and ffers who act like it's healthy. Now take your bullshit elsewhere. I've stated that you're wrong about who you think I am enough. I'm satisfied.

Move along.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

See? This is why I didn't wanna bother w ur bullshit in the first place. They could improve formula, and bfers will still bitch about bonding or some other crap because its not really about nutrition, is it? It's about feeling like ur better than other people. No one can stop u from complaining about what other people r feeding their kids or how they discipline or anything else.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Are you kidding me? Why bother improving formula when bfing advocates will WHAT??? You are being super dumb. I'm done with you. Lol!

Quoting NonaScheib38:

It doesn't sound like lack of mindfulness for the op. No one on cm ever says "i didn't breastfeed" they start w that and ALWAYS have to follow it up w "because I couldnt, I dried up, I have weird boobs, my milk never came in, etc". Every time I see a ffing post, there are tons of excuses. Clearly people are mindful of the stigma that comes w ffing, and clearly they don't need to hear about all the things that can "possibly" go wrong.

There are plenty of scare stats to discourage someone from breastfeeding. If u don't eat proper nutrition, then ur breastfed baby doesn't get proper nutrition. Also, stress hormones deeply effect a babys brain development, and if ur forcing a baby to breastfeed when its such a challenge that u n ur baby are stressed all the time, its not good.

I think, like all things, formula feeding is not a single explanation for a lot of the scary things bfers bring up. People can always mention someone they know who was or wasn't bf and did fine or became a rapist. Its, like u said, how we RAISE our kids. I can breastfeed all day long but if I treat my kid like shit he's not gonna get the leg up from bfing.

And why get all in the formula companies faces when no matter what they make breastfeeders are gonna freak out?

Quoting lalaboosh:

Because how we raise our kids affects the rest of society. Getting a good foundation for a healthy life can mean lower healthcare costs in the long run. I think mothers who are able to breastfeed should for lots of reasons. It decreases their cancer risk as well as baby's. It improves the bond between mother and child and helps kids have the confidence to be independant. I'm not saying formula feeding makes your baby instantly a trainwreck. I'm saying it's the lack of mindfulness, not the actions. If I need formula again (yes, again, I needed formula for several months. Although I and DH were a bit short on food for ourselves we chose to buy organic in the hopes that it would be a little better than the similac or enfamil from WIC) I'll be making it myself this time. Formula feeding parents need to wake up and smell the gmos in that corn syrup in their kid's formula. Take your anger to formula companies, not me. They have the knowledge, but not enough demand better quality.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

Because who the Fuck gives a shit?

Quoting lalaboosh:

And that makes choosing to give subpar nutrition (formula) as apposed to the adequate nutrition (breastmilk) that IS available a good choice because...?

Quoting NonaScheib38:

And there's a possibility that none of those things will happen, and even if they did there's nothing that can say exclusively that ffing was the reason. Kids are different, period. For instance, my breastfed baby was much sicker much more often and fussier than my formula fed baby.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You do realize that the cost of formula is huge and the health of your kids will forever be affected by this, right? You'll possibly give them allergies to diary, they may get sick more often, they may have weight issues. That all will cost more than fixing your boobs. It's important to think about all the aspects before making a choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Nope it shouldnt!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Okay, wasn't this posted a while ago? Does it really matter in the least in the long run if someone is breastfed or formula fed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

delete the post then? Good luck,hon!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ladies, 

I posted this weeks ago.. I'm over it and the notifications are bugging me.

Please give it a rest :).

ETA:
But thanks to all the sweethearts who gave me kind words! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN