Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never breastfeed my children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to, I really do, and I may even be able to.. but I'm not going to.

I have Polands Syndrome. Which is the absence of the pectoralis major on one side. The left side, for me. When I was 16 I had an expander put in my chest, and when I was 17 I got an implant on my left side.

I have researched breastfeeding with Polands Syndrome.. there isn't much information on it, because it is a very rare condition, but I found some. Almost every mother on there who breastfed with their implant said that breastfeeding left them looking worse than before they had surgery. I can't do that. I remember what it was like having one size C breast and one completely flat side. It was horrible.. once I finally had surgery it was amazing! It changed my life! I never want to be so uneven and off again :(. I also don't want to undo thousands of dollars of appointments and surgery.

Even not breastfeeding with my first I am a little uneven.. as my right side is saggier than my left because it isn't an implant. I would love to get surgery to lift my right side back up when I'm done having kids.. but don't want to go through the whole thing with my already exsisting implant.

So there you have it. I feel guilty, and kind of like a sucky mom because half of the reason I won't do it is cosmetic.

But I know I'll probably never breastfeed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Seems that your kid sucked the humanity and compassion right out of ya! Maybe he/she will be a better person than you are. :)

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Like I said to the other one, I really don't give a shit what you say about me.

OP admitted that her reasons are superficial. That disgusts ME, that somebody would care more about their appearance than their child's nutritional needs.

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

You know what, you disgust me! You don't know what this mom has been through! You don't have the condition that she does! Until you walk a mile in her shoes, you have no right to judge her for this!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Eh...I feel I may have to walk out of this post. I just can't imagine choosing to not breastfeed because you don't want your breasts to not look good. They make push-up bras ya know.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

the breastfeeding nazi's turn a lot of folks off. Don't even get me started on the EBF vs breastfeeding only 3,6 months or to a year. Some of the EBF ladies can be ridiculous if you didn't nurse over a year. Motherhood is not a competition.

Quoting valeriesmom1112:

Exactly! and this is coming from someone who breatfeeds! Im so tired of seeing posts/replies about how other moms look down on the moms who dont breastfeed! if formula wasnt ok for babies to have then there wouldnt be any formula!

Quoting Anonymous:

I chose not to breastfeed for no other reason than it was my choice. You don't have to have a reason not to... it is personal.
My boys are happy and healthy kids... my sister breastfed and her kids were always sick. As long as you are caring foor your child, that is what matters.

miss_lisa
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Could you be anymore self righteous?

No... no I don't think you could.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Uh oh, watch out now, the CM police are in town, telling everybody what they can and cannot respond to.

Enjoy your perfect breasts. Hope your child doesn't suffer in order for you to have them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You said that already.

Any time now..

Quoting briansmommy2010:

I never claimed to be a better mother. I just can't fathom not wanting to give your child the best nutrition possible, because it may make your breasts look uneven. Seems as if your priorities are pretty messed up here.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thank you for your understanding. I'm sure you are a much better mother.

You can walk out of the post now.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Yes, I do understand, but thank you for insulting my ability to read.

I still don't agree with your point here. I can't imagne how the way your breasts look could be more important than your child's nutrition.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously don't understand.

I don't have a left breast. At all. Underneath my implant it is as flat as my toddlers chest.

No amount of push will make it unnoticeable.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Eh...I feel I may have to walk out of this post. I just can't imagine choosing to not breastfeed because you don't want your breasts to not look good. They make push-up bras ya know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on May. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Your body, your choice! :)
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Same here. Sorry op but choosing your boobs being even over breastfeeding is something I just cannot fathom so I will leave it at that. Sorry you have this condition, I'm gonna go Google it and learn something new.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM
That sounds like my cousin's girlfriend. She only had one boob grow, and had to get implants so she wasnt lopsided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
SMFH! Unbelievable! Did you even read what she said will happen? She will have 1 breast look normal, and the other one isn't there! That's more than just a little uneven. How would you like to go through life as a 1 breasted woman? To be stared at and laughed at. I'm sure you would feel pretty shitty about yourself. How dare you say her priorities are fucked up!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

I never claimed to be a better mother. I just can't fathom not wanting to give your child the best nutrition possible, because it may make your breasts look uneven. Seems as if your priorities are pretty messed up here.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thank you for your understanding. I'm sure you are a much better mother.

You can walk out of the post now.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Yes, I do understand, but thank you for insulting my ability to read.

I still don't agree with your point here. I can't imagne how the way your breasts look could be more important than your child's nutrition.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously don't understand.

I don't have a left breast. At all. Underneath my implant it is as flat as my toddlers chest.

No amount of push will make it unnoticeable.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

CadesMum
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM
I'm sorru mum :( I have a breast condition as well, so I know where you're coming from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM
And your point is? It is a personal choice. My kids are teenagers and just fine. If formula was unsafe, it would be banned. It may not have the antibodies that breast milk has, but it still is nutrition and my kids are just fine.
I don't tell anyone they shouldn't BF, but I also don't feel any mother should be ashamed or made to feel guilty because they made a different choice.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Babies are supposed to get colds so that the mother's body can assist their bodies and "teach" them how to fight off infections. Much like having a trainer on the job. Saliva from the baby actually lets the mother's body know what bacteria baby has been in contact with. Getting colds or not isn't a sign the child is healthier. More antibodies are actually produced in the second and third year, which is why they should be breastfed until at LEAST two, but three is much better. A year helps the immunity system, but two or three years GREATLY affects it. Just because a baby is sick or not sick now doesn't mean they are actually healthier later or that it doesn't have life long benefits or consequences. Think about the difference between putting food into your child they are designed to have, that has the perfect nutrition for their health vrs, processed, chemical food with no antibody or antiviral protection. Think about how not having the passive immunity of breastmilk may affect a child later in life.  Did you know that breastmilk is antiviral and antibacterial and has actually been found to kill some cancer cells? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I chose not to breastfeed for no other reason than it was my choice. You don't have to have a reason not to... it is personal.

My boys are happy and healthy kids... my sister breastfed and her kids were always sick. As long as you are caring foor your child, that is what matters.

MultiPara
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I breast feed only with my right boob. My left boob is lazy and my dd prefers the right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)