Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O I would rather be fat instead of skinny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because THIS..is not attractive

Yup, this is me. 26 years old and a mother of 4. I have NEVER had an eating disorder, nor have I done any drugs (besides smoke weed from time to time as a teenager). I have heard every negative remark you can think of. "Go eat a cheeseburger!" "You must barf up all your food" "You must be on crack" .. None of those are true. I was born 4lbs6oz and have just been TINY my entire life! I've tried protein shakes, shoving food in my mouth even when I am not hungry, lifting weights to build muscle, going on depo just for the weight gain, and had ZERO luck with any of these. I have pretty much given up at this point and have just learned to accept myself for who I am. But it still kills me to see bigger women being ridiculed for the way that they look. I would KILL to be them! I will take a size 12 anyday over my size 00! 

With all of the weight posts I have seen lately, I just HAD to share. Go ahead and bash and make your remarks about my body. I promise it won't be anything I have heard before! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I get the same comments. I am the mother of 4 and tiny (although I am tall and have football shoulders). I have no idea why people think it is okay to comment on my weight. Or my boobs, which I find even more hurtful. It's perfectly acceptable in their minds to make fun of my 34A chest like I can help it.....it took me a long time to push aside those comments....

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Care more about your own self worth than the jealous remarks from others. You have a great body and as long as you eat a balanced healthy diet you are fine as you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

.....*couphs, skinny,couphs*

;)

areles
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
yeah, same.

Quoting epoh:

If I was a size 12 I'd be fat.

Quoting kaitalynn:

A size "12" is not far, but I get where you're coming from..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teddysmama09
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

yOU ARE ME!!! Except I have two kids and I was 9lbs at birth. I lost my baby fat at 2 and never got it back. Even at 9 months pregnant I was skinny (except my tummy of course.) I totally underrstand your gripe. Women can be REALLY mean to skinny girls and I actuallly had my life threatened in highschool by bullies. EVERYONE assumed I had an eating disorder and would even argue with me about it.

The teen years were hard for me, but i learned too laugh at the things i can't change. I'll never be curvey and Lord knows I won't age well, but who cares? I'm healthy, I'm energetic, I'm a good mom and a loving wife. When a mom at my play group made an underhanded remark about how skinny I was I said "Yeah, my husband is affraid that one of these days the baby will be nursing and suck me up like a noodle!"

I personally love my body. It managed to produce the two best lookin kids on the planet (my personal biased mom opinion of coursse!) and my teeny tiny boobs are sustaining a human life! The female body, regardless of shape, size or colour, has amazing super powers that we can all be proud of.

MommieSDW
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I think youre beautiful. And skinny, fat, athletic... What's important is how we feel about ourselves. We can't make everyone happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
This just proves that people of all sizes can have self esteem issues. (((HUGS)))

I think you look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I make fun of my own flattish chest so others don't have to. ;)

Quoting sheramom4:

I get the same comments. I am the mother of 4 and tiny (although I am tall and have football shoulders). I have no idea why people think it is okay to comment on my weight. Or my boobs, which I find even more hurtful. It's perfectly acceptable in their minds to make fun of my 34A chest like I can help it.....it took me a long time to push aside those comments....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I'm the same way. I eat constintanly and all. Never gain a pound. You have a great shape mama. You need to find clothes that show it off better. Wear nice jewelry with it. What size are you? I'm 103 and a size 2/3. Some places I'm a zero.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitalynn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Are you 4'4?

Quoting epoh:

If I was a size 12 I'd be fat.

Quoting kaitalynn:

A size "12" is not far, but I get where you're coming from..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN