Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O I would rather be fat instead of skinny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because THIS..is not attractive

Yup, this is me. 26 years old and a mother of 4. I have NEVER had an eating disorder, nor have I done any drugs (besides smoke weed from time to time as a teenager). I have heard every negative remark you can think of. "Go eat a cheeseburger!" "You must barf up all your food" "You must be on crack" .. None of those are true. I was born 4lbs6oz and have just been TINY my entire life! I've tried protein shakes, shoving food in my mouth even when I am not hungry, lifting weights to build muscle, going on depo just for the weight gain, and had ZERO luck with any of these. I have pretty much given up at this point and have just learned to accept myself for who I am. But it still kills me to see bigger women being ridiculed for the way that they look. I would KILL to be them! I will take a size 12 anyday over my size 00! 

With all of the weight posts I have seen lately, I just HAD to share. Go ahead and bash and make your remarks about my body. I promise it won't be anything I have heard before! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
luvmyhunnybunz3
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Being big or small doesn't make you beautifull... You loving yourself no matter what people think makes you beautifull! Im big an i've been that way my whole life no matter what i do. I've played sports my whole life, worked out everything im very healthy but im still big... But through the years i've learn to love myself thanks to my husband loving me an all of me as well! As you said you've heard everything in the book about being skinny. I've also heard everything in the book about being big. I hope you get to the point where you love yourself no matter what people say! :D always smile!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I didn't even realize it was the cause for a long time, I felt like they just weren't as attached to me. But, one day my 3 year old verbalized it and it broke me. It's not like it's something I can even change, I've tried. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tifbrown:

Yup, I know how you feel. I'm a size 0-3 depending where I shop. I'm sooooo sick of the rude remarks. I have never been on a diet in my life. I just at 10 Tim Bits (equivalent to Dunkin Donuts, Donut Hole) and do it regularly, among a vast array of other junk. I can't gain weight, believe me I've tried. I have always been small and it kills me to see bigger women put themselves down in hopes of looking the way we do. Do you have any idea how horrible it feels when your kids don't want to cuddle with you because you are too bony? It is a terrible feeling. They always choose daddy over me because he is more "comfy". Not to mention excessive sweatting due to high metabolsim, yea real attractive. I accepted myself a long time ago, but there are times the lack of cuddles get to me :(

oh my goodness i can def relate to the cuddling thing! My babies will lay on my chest and twist and turn to get into a more comfy position but they just cant seem to find one! I always thought it was the fact that i am boney but ive never said it out loud lol

Tiffany

epoh
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM
You already asked me that and I said no the first time.

Quoting kaitalynn:

Are you 4'4?

Quoting epoh:

If I was a size 12 I'd be fat.

Quoting kaitalynn:

A size "12" is not far, but I get where you're coming from..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksprague
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM

you are beautiful<3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Quoting tiffstud:

I'm the same way. I eat constintanly and all. Never gain a pound. You have a great shape mama. You need to find clothes that show it off better. Wear nice jewelry with it. What size are you? I'm 103 and a size 2/3. Some places I'm a zero.

im 98lbs and wear mostly 0..there have been some places i can buy 1-3 depends on how they are made..
kaitalynn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM
It just posted twice, sry-mobile.
However I think that if you are a size 12 and you aren't shorter than 4'9, then you aren't fat.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting kaitalynn:

Are you 4'4?

Quoting epoh:

Quoting kaitalynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I'm 5'4" and a size 5. To be a size 12 I'd weigh around 160 which is overweight and not healthy for my height.
Quoting kaitalynn:

It just posted twice, sry-mobile.

However I think that if you are a size 12 and you aren't shorter than 4'9, then you aren't fat.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting kaitalynn:

Are you 4'4?

Quoting epoh:

Quoting kaitalynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I used to be boney in highschool. For some reason people think it is okay to tell somebody how skinny they are.. people seem alittle bit more sensitive towards overweight people.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Be happy with yourself!!! Being fat is no fun. I have no energy and finding clothes is a pain. So yeah being happy is easier said than done. Even when I was think I always thought I was fat. When I look back to all the pics I thought I was fat in I see how wrong I was!

LuvCoopins
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
You are beautiful no mattet what momma...dont listen to the mean people that say things to you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)