I am racist against my own race & sexist against my own sex... EDIT: ROLLS.. Edit: Trying to be reasonable
White people drive me crazy sometimes. I am white, and sometimes it embarasses me when I see & hear the stuff they say. I find a lot of white people to be very judgemental & stuck up. I have had other races in complete shock for me opening doors for them, letting them ahead of me in line, and striking up conversations with them. I have heard many times, "You are the nicest white person I have ever met." It makes me sick. My BIL, Sister, & Mother have all made racist comments in front of me and I jump all over them. Now I absolutely know not ALL white people are like this, but in all honesty, I prefer other races for friendship over my own. My DH is actually the first "white boy" I had ever been with or dated, and he is very very dark skinned.
Now onto women, holy cow! Sometimes I want to tell them to STFU and get their bitch ass in the kitchen and make me a pie. I also know not ALL women are pains in the ass, but most are. Needy, whining, complaining, insecure, etc. I honestly think that a man has his role & a woman has hers. I believe that the reason women are getting so out of control sexually and emotionally is because it goes against our nature the way the world has become. We push to be treated equal, but we're all NOT. Most women are natural nuturers, and when you go against your born nature because todays women say that natural womens roles aren't womens roles anymore it causes problems. I believe in womens rights to vote & all that, but I get so tired of women going against their instincts because being a SAHM isn't "the way" anymore, or sacrificing yourself for your family is frowned on, when it has been done for years and years and years. I don't find a woman who takes care of her husband, works a full time job, takes care of kids, bills, and everything else in the world admirable. I find it foolish. I don't understand why women are trying to put men in their places, when we really just need to acknowledge where our place is, and how fair is it to break down a man to build ourselves up? We are trying to undercut and bring men down so we can over power things, and it isn't natural. Men are built different for a reason, they are who they are for a reason, and us for a reason. I honestly think that men not being a part of their children's lives as much anymore is due to women feeling they have more rights than men. They can do it on their own, until they can't anymore... Ok, now BASH :-)
Edit: When I was growing up I lived in 2 different enviroments. I went from living in a State where I was the only white girl in the school, to another State where I was, for once, the majority.
Examples of things that have made me very upset with my race:
- When our football team played an all black school, the football players put nooses on the back of their vehicles and some put monkeys on them and drove them around. They didn't get in any trouble.
- I have seen countless people shut doors in non-white peoples faces.
- We were all sat down in our homeroom class in HS for them to tell us that we would have a black student coming in. They never did this when we would get new white students.
- When I would defend racist comments I was called an "n-lover"
- We got a brother and sister in our school that were mixed races and were tortured daily and called "oreos", when I defended them, the students making fun of them slashed the tired on my Dad's truck and threw mud all over our house.
- I told my Mom when I was younger I had a crush on Malcolm from The Young & The Restless, and she told me that I better have children with blonde hair and blue eyes or I would bring shame into our family.
- My Grandmother would tell my Aunt that she loved my Mother's kids more because we weren't mixed race.
- I wore an Obama shirt to work one day and was told that I had to go home for the day if I was going to support that "n-word" (I told him he couldn't do that or I would sue)
- We had a young black man that worked at this place, and after he would use the bathroom my boss would go and wipe down the handles, and eventually he started using the women's bathroom because he said, "no blacks went in there"
There are a few for you guys. Maybe you can see why I get so upset. I have tons and tons of stories and could really go on forever...