Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why have a lot of kids if you can't afford to do things with them? revised

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Personally, I have 4 kids. To many, it's a lot.. but honestly, I would love more. HOWEVER, financially, 4 is our limit.

I get sad (and sometimes mad) when I hear of families not being able to do things with their kids because they can't afford it and then complain about it. (i.e. occasionally go out to dinner, go on vacations, etc).

I know all of that is not what is most important in life as long as the kids are happy and healthy...and I know there are things that are fun and FREE (I do these things too.. that's how we can afford to go on vacations, visit amusement parks, etc.)  but I think it's sad to have to tell your kids they can't do something (all the time) because they can't afford it.

Am I being irrational?!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (351-351):
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Sorry. My apologies. :(

Quoting Anonymous71321:

I'm not sure why you quoted me because I'm not the OP.  But no problem.  I just wanted to make that clear since the alert popped up in the corner.  Thanks! :)

Quoting bluedolly01:

Holidays every year, dinners out multiple times a week, amusement parks, sorry to burst your bubble OP - they ARE luxuries.

Quoting Anonymous71321:

LMAO.  

Oh my gosh, I didn't get that.  Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious and then attempting to slam me for responding in my own words to the subject. 

You are so smart.  I think you should start a group for smart people like yourself to join.  I'm sure it will be flooded with activity, LMAO!

By the way, I don't consider any of those things luxuries.  I think they should be included in the lives of all children.  Maybe you will get that if you use your reading comprehension skills.

Somehow, I doubt it.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Umm...OP isn't talking about not being able to provide basic needs. She's talking about not being able to afford LUXURIES.

You need some reading comprehension refresher courses I think.

Quoting Anonymous71321:

No, you are making perfect sense.  I have no idea why people insist on living in poverty and actually punish children by raising them this way.  I'm sure we'll get all the comments..."We may not have much, but we have love...blah, blah, blah"  But lets be honest, if you cannot provide food, clothing, and shelter for your children, on YOUR OWN DIME, you have no business having them.  That's the LEAST children should expect from a parent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)