Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 year old behavior

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 24 Replies
I really need some advice on my 4 year olds behavior. He'll be 5 in August. Over the past 2 months...his behavior has gone from bad to worse. He can be the sweetest most loving child...but then a few hours later be acting an ass.

The past few weeks he has been asking people "what are you looking At?!" (he got this from a boy at school) and has now paired it with flipping people off. (I can thank my brother for that)

Today has been the icing on the cake. My mom took him downtown for a music festival...and he was outrageous! Flippin off people, kicking, trying to hit.... Refused to eat lunch etc etc. She had to run by Walmart...even worse! He tried to throw a watermelon in the buggy...squished a loaf a bread... Threw a fit when she wouldn't buy him a toy...

He's had spankings...time outs...rewards...nothing. Today I took every toy out of his bedroom...all he has is books...an easel...and a few coloring books ( crayons are in the living room)

I'm at a loss...so any suggestions would help :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XandersMomma07
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My son is the same age he will be 5 in september and acts the same way family member who has a son with ADHD tells me to get him tested his ped says the same thing but idk

wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

omg wow if my 4 yr old DD did that i would b in the same boat as u!!! no advice but hugs and GL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM
My 4 yr old won't listen for crap lately either, he throws tantrums, hits himself, screams, spits. Has been pissing in his floor. I'm at a lost as what to do. I took all the toys out of his room. Spanked, time outs. Nothing seems to be working.

He just down right refuses to listen to what I have to say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM

My 4.5 year old DD is off the hook too but not that badly. I wish I had good advise for you but the best I can come up with is a good ass whooping and taking everything away until he earns it back.
Does your medical provider have any classes for kids this age?

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Bump! My almost 4 yr old son is the same way . I need some advice too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.marie08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DjandEmmys
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My kids were the same and we found out they have adhd things have gotten better with therapy and meds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Bump
corib4687
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Not that I know of....I may have to call but i really dont want to medicate him kwim

Quoting Anonymous:

My 4.5 year old DD is off the hook too but not that badly. I wish I had good advise for you but the best I can come up with is a good ass whooping and taking everything away until he earns it back.
Does your medical provider have any classes for kids this age?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corib4687
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I really don't want to medicate at all...but if he has an issue I may need to take him in...I just think its "over diagnosed" thanks for advice. :)

Quoting DjandEmmys:

My kids were the same and we found out they have adhd things have gotten better with therapy and meds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN