Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question from my friend...long story

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
So my friend and her ex don't have a court-order for custody yet. They agreed 2 weeks each for their 3 1/2 year old. Well now her ex tells her she can't have him back unless she cancels the child support appointment. So with that she has called Dallas PD and they keep telling her without a court order it's just a domestic issue they need to work out. So he leaves the baby with his mom all the time and told her she couldn't get him. Her question is that if she goes to his grandma's and he isn't there can she legally take the baby? We looked up all the parental kidnapping laws and all it says is that there has to be a custody order in place.

Sorry if it's long and confusing but we need advice from someone who may know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy27
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM
yes...the baby's grandmother can not keep her from getting her child. she can get the baby. if the father is there, sadly he can stop her... but nobody else can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I would consult a lawyer asap! But I don't think there's a law against her getting her child back if he's not in dad's care at that time! Grandma could go to jail for kidnapping!
thinkpink2012
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
The lawyer she has been talkin to wants $3500 to start the actual custody case and she and I have all but $800 to go

Quoting Anonymous:

I would consult a lawyer asap! But I don't think there's a law against her getting her child back if he's not in dad's care at that time! Grandma could go to jail for kidnapping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Does she have a court date yet? I don't know what the law is, but if she can afford it or afford to be billed for it, I'd say get a lawyer and call an emergency hearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Thank you that's what I thought but I wasn't sure if I was right.

Quoting proudmommy690:

yes...the baby's grandmother can not keep her from getting her child. she can get the baby. if the father is there, sadly he can stop her... but nobody else can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Once she gets the other $800 her lawyer will get the emergency hearing so for now we are trying to figure out how to get him back. Poor girl cries non-stop bc he won't give him back.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Does she have a court date yet? I don't know what the law is, but if she can afford it or afford to be billed for it, I'd say get a lawyer and call an emergency hearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM

bump 4 u and GL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN