Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hospital?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Would you be upset if you had to be in the hospital for a few days,and during that time family only came once or twice a day for a visit? They only stayed between a hr or 2. If you would be upset, how much time do you think family should visit? Im talking about SO, children, parents, or inlaws
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manaroo
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
No, I would not be upset. If I'm in the hospital, I'm most likely not feeling well. I would use that time to rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on May. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

No, that wouldn't upset me at all. The last 4 times I was in the hospital, I had major surgeries, and was very glad to not have a lot of company, or them stay for long times, since all I wanted to do was get heavy drugs and sleep.

Dani_Lynn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Nope. I was in the hospital last week and kept having to.tell DH and the kids to leave. I didn't feel well and the meds made me sleepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM

i like to have family around me when im in the hospital, so yes it would bother me! it would b a distraction for being in the hospital and it helps me recover better

atyou
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM
no. I had no family come to visit when I was in the hospital. 2 out of 3 times. I understood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymomof2374
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Quoting Manaroo:

No, I would not be upset. If I'm in the hospital, I'm most likely not feeling well. I would use that time to rest.

This is exactly how I feel. The last time I was in the hospital was when I broke my leg and I didn't want any visitors.

MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

No, unless I was on my death bed, my family's lives don't need to freeze for me.  I was in the hospital for 4 days when I had my gall bladder out (I had some other issues) but I was not dying.  My mom had my kids and she brought the baby to me every day so I could nurse him but DH didn't come at all (he was on his two week drill and they gave him 1 day to get me and the kids where we needed to be) My brother came once for about an hour and my grandmother came with my mom a couple of times.  That's it.  I was not hurt or offended at all.  Besides I needed to get better, not be bombarded with people.

Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Psssssh.  If i'm in the hospital that is my ME time!! LOL  I don't ever get it at home so i'd let them come visit for about an hour in the morning and an hour at night then send them on their way!  (as long as what I have isn't serious)!!  I love my kids and hubby to death but would love some chill time!  : )

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Depends on WHY I'm in the hospital. If I just had a baby then yes I would be. If its because I had surgery, no because I'd want to rest... If I'm sick then hell no I wouldn't be mad lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

It wouldnt bother me at all. They all have things to do and places to be and just because I am sick the world does not stop. My children are all young and wouldnt be able to behave even an hour in the hospital (they get too loud after a while and people are trying to rest). I would much rather a short visit twice a day (if that) and to rest for the rest of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN