Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did I want kids again?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Im 22 and have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 7 week old daughter and im just finding myself falling apart lately...all my friends are graduating college, while I still have 1-2 years left because i cut back to half time. I never get time with just my husband anymore. and I feel like I will never look good anymore because I cant seem to lose the damn weight no matter what i do...its getting harder to enjoy my children and I feel guilty everytime i resent them for the things I didnt get to do...And YES I know it was MY choice and MY fault, not theirs, so please dont lecture me. I put myself down enough as it is :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dani_Lynn
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Your baby is 7 weeks old. See your doctor. Sounds like PPD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyLove101
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this

No bashing here. I think it's a normal feeling--but one that needs to be worked on. I feel the same sometimes..it's difficult. I'm 24, two kids--5 and 3. It's stressful sometimes. Don't let it consume you though. Is there a way for you to get more "you" time?

You may feel bad because you're behind your friends and lost out on a lot, but you gained a lot too! Being a mom, no matter what age, is difficult and you're doing it! Still going to school while having children is an accomplishment in itself as well! So, you have things to be proud of! Own them hun! <3. *hugs*

sunfireprincess
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

Your baby is 7 weeks old. See your doctor. Sounds like PPD.

marchantmom06
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM
And that's why people should wait......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand completely! I'm 24 and I have a 4 year old and another one that will be 2 at the beginning of June. Just feels like my dh and I can never get ahead and I do get jealous when I see people my age graduating college with a great degree and being able to go out and have fun.
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
*hugs* I agree with pp about seeing a doctor because it could be ppd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM
You wanted them because you are in a committed relationship and this is the natural progression...make sure you finish college though, don't let that dream ever go. You are sleep deprived, tired and all those emotions can be hard to deal with.
workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh hun, its OK! I understand! Remember they get bigger and hopefully we can find time to be ourselves! Time with your hunny gets easier too, hopefully! Do you have anyone to watch the kiddoes while you and him go out for a few hrs?!!? Keep going to school too! You will be done one day and then feel like such an empowered woman! Adding my second was the HARDEST for me!! Good luck and hugs!! I'm sure your doing your best, thats all any of us can do! 

feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)