Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

looks CAN matter. do they to you edit***

Posted by   + Show Post

edit: this is more of a first impression thing. so before you even interveiw who looks more like someone you would hire, for any job really.

so say your looking for a baby sitter which of these women would you most likely hire? and why?

lady A

lady B

by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on May. 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

that just breaks my heart to hear....im sorry she had to go though that..i dont bame you for have trust issues....no one but my inlaws and sister are allowed to watch my kids..

Quoting SimplyErathy:

i have major trust issues now even with my in-laws. they watched my then 14mo dd for 3 days just 3 days while i had ds becasue dh had to work. she was supose to be with fil but he went to work and she got passed around to all the aunts. i sent her with waaaaay enough diapers, a sippy, juice, fruits, clothes and bathing stuff. she came back filthy, with a horrible infected diaper rash, scabbies, and bronchitis, they threw away her sippy and gave her a bottle of soda, a bad of cookies and three outfits were missing and to this day still are shes almost 4 now........next baby we have will be born at home.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

aww im so sorry your kids went thru that..i did quit my job as well...the guilt of that happening again was overwheming

Quoting SimplyErathy:

wow what a bitch!!! appearance can be deceiving i agree. :( poor baby. we had a similar thing. a woman was watching my then 1 and 3yo and she was sooo nice upp front but i wondered why the kids always screamed. then one of my friends happen to have her on fb and showed me all these posts of her saying how she whoops my kids because they cried!!!! wtfing hell....i quit and havent been back since.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i hired a nice looking well dressed women who tormented my 2 yr old daughter to the point that she would scream and throw up when we got to her drive way..i asked for al of our stuff back and she said sorry she gave it away and shut the door on my face....i cancelled the last check i gave her and never sent her back...the biggest regret of my life was sending my dd to her..not to mention the last day i picked her up dd threw up and a penny came out

Jennifer_57
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM
I would give each a fair thought, do the same background checks, and ask number two to come back for a second interveiw dressing more appropriately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM
I really like the fact that you'd give me a chance :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting echoishername:

Would you hire me?

I might but I'd ask you not to show so much cleavage while you were working for me (not on your time off). But I'm pretty conservative.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katrinasmith25
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
yep

Quoting echoishername:

Would you hire me?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
people of walmart, lol

Quoting SimplyErathy:

i tried to find a real like presentable one but couldent :/ google is not my friend today lol ill try again

Quoting echoishername:

I see your point... but pulling a pic from a catalog vs. one clearly taken at a bar is presenting two totally different situations.

Quoting SimplyErathy:

oh im a sahm lol this is all hypotheticle lol iv seen so many posts on fatvs skinny and crap today and just wanted to prove a point that looks can determin how people look at you and treat you and effect your job status :) lady a could be some crazed child eating whore lol but based on looks she would be picked over b. but again this is just a "first impresion thing

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

I think the overall look of a potential sitter matters, but need to take into account personality and compatibility with the kids.  Good luck finding a good sitter! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junesmommy18
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Lady a.

B looks trashy
SimplyErathy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

she dosent remember it thankfully but it will haunt me :( i cried so much!! being in the hospital i had very little joy becasue i was so worried....not what its supose to be ya know. there is not one person i trust with my kids now. they go where ever we go...

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

that just breaks my heart to hear....im sorry she had to go though that..i dont bame you for have trust issues....no one but my inlaws and sister are allowed to watch my kids..

Quoting SimplyErathy:

i have major trust issues now even with my in-laws. they watched my then 14mo dd for 3 days just 3 days while i had ds becasue dh had to work. she was supose to be with fil but he went to work and she got passed around to all the aunts. i sent her with waaaaay enough diapers, a sippy, juice, fruits, clothes and bathing stuff. she came back filthy, with a horrible infected diaper rash, scabbies, and bronchitis, they threw away her sippy and gave her a bottle of soda, a bad of cookies and three outfits were missing and to this day still are shes almost 4 now........next baby we have will be born at home.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

aww im so sorry your kids went thru that..i did quit my job as well...the guilt of that happening again was overwheming

Quoting SimplyErathy:

wow what a bitch!!! appearance can be deceiving i agree. :( poor baby. we had a similar thing. a woman was watching my then 1 and 3yo and she was sooo nice upp front but i wondered why the kids always screamed. then one of my friends happen to have her on fb and showed me all these posts of her saying how she whoops my kids because they cried!!!! wtfing hell....i quit and havent been back since.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i hired a nice looking well dressed women who tormented my 2 yr old daughter to the point that she would scream and throw up when we got to her drive way..i asked for al of our stuff back and she said sorry she gave it away and shut the door on my face....i cancelled the last check i gave her and never sent her back...the biggest regret of my life was sending my dd to her..not to mention the last day i picked her up dd threw up and a penny came out

LovelyBugs
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

it depends on how she came dressed to interview, that could be her night job. I try hard not to judge on apperances...now if lady B came dressed like that to the interview, oh hell no

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on May. 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

there needs to be more moms like you =0)

she dosent remember it thankfully but it will haunt me :( i cried so much!! being in the hospital i had very little joy becasue i was so worried....not what its supose to be ya know. there is not one person i trust with my kids now. they go where ever we go...

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

Quoting SimplyErathy:

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

Quoting SimplyErathy:

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

NoahandEliza
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I don't think I would hire lady B. She might very well be good with my kids, but I wouldn't want my daughter to like the way she dresses and decide that was appropriate. I live in a very country town where the grammar is very poor (ie, "I seen that today" or "I knowed that already") so my decisions are also based on how they will be speaking to my children!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN