Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

looks CAN matter. do they to you edit***

Posted by   + Show Post

edit: this is more of a first impression thing. so before you even interveiw who looks more like someone you would hire, for any job really.

so say your looking for a baby sitter which of these women would you most likely hire? and why?

lady A

lady B

by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (51-55):
pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd give you an interview. Although I'd ask you to wear a slightly less low cut shirt while you were here.

ETA: I think your cleavage is probably unavoidable most of the time. I've got the same problem but my two yr old might blatantly ask you if you have drawings on your boobies.

Quoting echoishername:

Would you hire me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I would go with Lady A on first impression just because she looks more professional.  I would of course go on to do a background check and references on anyone who is going to be watching my children.

SimplyErathy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

thank you :) it dose take alot to not go crazy for sure lol but my ds is special needs and we are in a group at the local childrens hospital and there are moms who go through SO much more i just cant imagne how they have not gone crazy! or even fallen into depression so i thnk god everyday i can handle everything :) my fav quat is in my siggy :)

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

there needs to be more moms like you =0)

she dosent remember it thankfully but it will haunt me :( i cried so much!! being in the hospital i had very little joy becasue i was so worried....not what its supose to be ya know. there is not one person i trust with my kids now. they go where ever we go...

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

that just breaks my heart to hear....im sorry she had to go though that..i dont bame you for have trust issues....no one but my inlaws and sister are allowed to watch my kids..

Quoting SimplyErathy:

i have major trust issues now even with my in-laws. they watched my then 14mo dd for 3 days just 3 days while i had ds becasue dh had to work. she was supose to be with fil but he went to work and she got passed around to all the aunts. i sent her with waaaaay enough diapers, a sippy, juice, fruits, clothes and bathing stuff. she came back filthy, with a horrible infected diaper rash, scabbies, and bronchitis, they threw away her sippy and gave her a bottle of soda, a bad of cookies and three outfits were missing and to this day still are shes almost 4 now........next baby we have will be born at home.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

aww im so sorry your kids went thru that..i did quit my job as well...the guilt of that happening again was overwheming

Quoting SimplyErathy:

wow what a bitch!!! appearance can be deceiving i agree. :( poor baby. we had a similar thing. a woman was watching my then 1 and 3yo and she was sooo nice upp front but i wondered why the kids always screamed. then one of my friends happen to have her on fb and showed me all these posts of her saying how she whoops my kids because they cried!!!! wtfing hell....i quit and havent been back since.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i hired a nice looking well dressed women who tormented my 2 yr old daughter to the point that she would scream and throw up when we got to her drive way..i asked for al of our stuff back and she said sorry she gave it away and shut the door on my face....i cancelled the last check i gave her and never sent her back...the biggest regret of my life was sending my dd to her..not to mention the last day i picked her up dd threw up and a penny came out

redredhead
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM
That's a really good point, reminds me of a woman I met once. One of the best mothers (and women in general) I've had the pleasure to meet. BUT (shamefully) if I would have based my opinion on her appearance alone, she wouldn't have been someone I'd have left my kid with

Quoting MSmama_x3:

I would hire whoever was best with my kids. Lady A may look decent, but she could be a very twisted person. Lady B isn't put together well, but she may be the best fit for said children.

But I don't have babysitters because I have trust issues about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on May. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM

love the quote!..

your son is so lucky to have you!!!....good luck

Quoting SimplyErathy:

thank you :) it dose take alot to not go crazy for sure lol but my ds is special needs and we are in a group at the local childrens hospital and there are moms who go through SO much more i just cant imagne how they have not gone crazy! or even fallen into depression so i thnk god everyday i can handle everything :) my fav quat is in my siggy :)

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

there needs to be more moms like you =0)

she dosent remember it thankfully but it will haunt me :( i cried so much!! being in the hospital i had very little joy becasue i was so worried....not what its supose to be ya know. there is not one person i trust with my kids now. they go where ever we go...

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

that just breaks my heart to hear....im sorry she had to go though that..i dont bame you for have trust issues....no one but my inlaws and sister are allowed to watch my kids..

Quoting SimplyErathy:

i have major trust issues now even with my in-laws. they watched my then 14mo dd for 3 days just 3 days while i had ds becasue dh had to work. she was supose to be with fil but he went to work and she got passed around to all the aunts. i sent her with waaaaay enough diapers, a sippy, juice, fruits, clothes and bathing stuff. she came back filthy, with a horrible infected diaper rash, scabbies, and bronchitis, they threw away her sippy and gave her a bottle of soda, a bad of cookies and three outfits were missing and to this day still are shes almost 4 now........next baby we have will be born at home.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

aww im so sorry your kids went thru that..i did quit my job as well...the guilt of that happening again was overwheming

Quoting SimplyErathy:

wow what a bitch!!! appearance can be deceiving i agree. :( poor baby. we had a similar thing. a woman was watching my then 1 and 3yo and she was sooo nice upp front but i wondered why the kids always screamed. then one of my friends happen to have her on fb and showed me all these posts of her saying how she whoops my kids because they cried!!!! wtfing hell....i quit and havent been back since.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i hired a nice looking well dressed women who tormented my 2 yr old daughter to the point that she would scream and throw up when we got to her drive way..i asked for al of our stuff back and she said sorry she gave it away and shut the door on my face....i cancelled the last check i gave her and never sent her back...the biggest regret of my life was sending my dd to her..not to mention the last day i picked her up dd threw up and a penny came out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)