Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're such an a**hole....

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
  • 33 Replies

"You're such an asshole" is what my 5 year old just screamed at my 2 year old.  :/

I wish I could say she has never heard that kind of language, but frankly she has and straight from my mouth (not towards my children though).  I guess it is time for a mommy make over.  I need to do an overhaul of my behavior before it really becomes an issue with my children. 

I feel really bad.  :(  That is not something you ever want to hear your sweet little 5 year old say.  Ugh.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomRocs1102
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens dont beat yourself up for it

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on May. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Yep. They are like little sponges, just soaking up everything they hear and see. Don't worry, you aren't the first momma to realize you need to be more careful, or the last. I had to do the same thing when mine were little. It really does make a difference in the long run. Good luck!

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell them asshole is a word grownups use and they can say it when they are older. I curse a lot while driving but my kids have been great about only cursing one time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Its okay!

Dd the other day* i said 'come lets change your bum!' She said 'wipe my ass!'
I was in such shock LOL shes 2 1/2 btw!
I never say ass or any swear words to her. Df found it hilarious.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

OOps!  Kids say the darnest things don't they?  Happens to the best of us :)  DS heard me say "damn it" and he starting marching around me in a circle chanting that over and over.  That was my wake up call.  Kinda funny now though :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I love you, OP! And, you don't know who I am, cuz i'm anon! Neener neener! :-P
kngarber
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I know I am surely not the first and this isn't the first bad word they have said, but that is the first time she used it like that and that's what upset me the most.  It was very mean.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Yep. They are like little sponges, just soaking up everything they hear and see. Don't worry, you aren't the first momma to realize you need to be more careful, or the last. I had to do the same thing when mine were little. It really does make a difference in the long run. Good luck!

jllcali
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Was the 2 year old acting like an asshole? If so, I don't see the problem.

Just kidding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Oh, I understand, I really do. Best thing to do is talk to her about it, and then not make a huge deal out of it. I discovered my kids would say those things mainly for my reaction than because they wanted to.

Quoting kngarber:

I know I am surely not the first and this isn't the first bad word they have said, but that is the first time she used it like that and that's what upset me the most.  It was very mean.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Country_Momma89
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

My two year old said "I'm gonna beat your ass!" to her sister. I told her those are mommy and dady words and she can't say them, she hasn't said it since then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN