Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never take my kids to the circus. *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because I don't support the way they abuse animals. I would however, take my kids to protest outside.

Edit-

I have to say that I am very impressed by the amount of cafe momers who are educated about this matter and do
not support the circus. Great job!!!

There will always be people who do not care, but it makes
me happy that a good majority of you
do!

edit 2-

I am NOT and never ever will be a member or a supporter of PETA!! So please don't assume that because I support animal rights, that I am one of them!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Replies (191-198):
lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

*deep breath*

Ok, I'll put this as simply as I possibly can.

When people stand up for animal rights (or the rights of any opressed group) and are ignored they get louder. Those protesters were tired of being ignored. At one point they had to ask, do we want them to know the horrors of the circus or do we want the horrors of the circus to end? Well if no one cares enough to stop going for the animal's sake maybe they can be dissuaded by the annoying protesters. They WANT people to not go to the circus and they'd prefer that it was for the right reasons, but at the end of the day a sale lost is a success.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Quoting Anonymous:

I get that but u missed her point of its the protesters behaviour that is upsetting because they are shouting at PEOPLE not delivery a message or kindness to animals which is the point of it am I right

Quoting lalaboosh:

And the demeanor of the protesters has nothing to do with this kind of attitude? Really? I didn't start out extreme. I started out with, did you knows and here's this info. I don't really care if a sick twisted person doesn't like that I think they're sick and twisted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your being a big extreme what she is saying is its the demeanor of the protesters that's the problem

Quoting lalaboosh:

Giving money to people in exchange for abusing animals for your pleasure is causing harm. I'm GLAD those protesters kept you away. That's the point. If you don't care enough to protect the animals you might get annoyed enough to not go if they protest. Thinking things will get beter and refusing to do anything to faacilitate that is a harmful attitude. Are you being willfully ignorant? It's hard to fathom someone being this stupid, but I suppose it happens...

Quoting momto3infl:

What harm-my kids have no pets due to my allergies-so they dont know my stance with PETA and other groups-just because I pay to take my kids to circus I am going to do harm yeah right.

Quoting lalaboosh:

So because child abusers aren't punished properly you support animal abuse? What kind of logic is that? You're nuts. People like you are what's wrong with the world. I refuse to support abuse in general.

You're so disgusting; I truly hope you understand one day the harm your attitude does.

Quoting momto3infl:

yeah whatever-read some of my other quotes for my reason why my opinion.  Not even going to answer your others because you are becoming like the people in my face at the circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You are sick for enjoying the abuse of animals. I don't understand, are you also amused by child abuse or spousal abuse? Are you into elder abuse? Is it just animal abuse that gets your rocks off?

Yeah, the people speaking out against abuse are the crazy ones.

Quoting momto3infl:

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

melissam21
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I would never go to the circus either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
O_o... Deep breath......

have you ever protested a circus or volunteerd and been truly involved with doing something for animals? I.mean that honestly not rudely?

I understand the need to make a statement for animals I really do but does belittling people keep them from getting abortions or keep them.from building mosques near ground zero no it just makes em.look.like assholes...Bottom line is the circus abuses animals and a lot of times for the people going its due to.pure ignorance of it not that they are heartless bastards clubbing baby seals EDUCATION not INTIMIDATION is key.... There I'm.done

Quoting lalaboosh:

*deep breath*

When people stand up for animal rights (or the rights of any opressed group) and are ignored they get louder. Those protesters were tired of being ignored. At one point they had to ask, do we want them to know the horrors of the circus or do we want the horrors of the circus to end? Well if no one cares enough to stop going for the animal's sake maybe they can be dissuaded by the annoying protesters. They WANT people to not go to the circus and they'd prefer that it was for the right reasons, but at the end of the day a sale lost is a success.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Quoting Anonymous:

I get that but u missed her point of its the protesters behaviour that is upsetting because they are shouting at PEOPLE not delivery a message or kindness to animals which is the point of it am I right

Quoting lalaboosh:

And the demeanor of the protesters has nothing to do with this kind of attitude? Really? I didn't start out extreme. I started out with, did you knows and here's this info. I don't really care if a sick twisted person doesn't like that I think they're sick and twisted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your being a big extreme what she is saying is its the demeanor of the protesters that's the problem

Quoting lalaboosh:

Giving money to people in exchange for abusing animals for your pleasure is causing harm. I'm GLAD those protesters kept you away. That's the point. If you don't care enough to protect the animals you might get annoyed enough to not go if they protest. Thinking things will get beter and refusing to do anything to faacilitate that is a harmful attitude. Are you being willfully ignorant? It's hard to fathom someone being this stupid, but I suppose it happens...

Quoting momto3infl:

What harm-my kids have no pets due to my allergies-so they dont know my stance with PETA and other groups-just because I pay to take my kids to circus I am going to do harm yeah right.

Quoting lalaboosh:

So because child abusers aren't punished properly you support animal abuse? What kind of logic is that? You're nuts. People like you are what's wrong with the world. I refuse to support abuse in general.

You're so disgusting; I truly hope you understand one day the harm your attitude does.

Quoting momto3infl:

yeah whatever-read some of my other quotes for my reason why my opinion.  Not even going to answer your others because you are becoming like the people in my face at the circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You are sick for enjoying the abuse of animals. I don't understand, are you also amused by child abuse or spousal abuse? Are you into elder abuse? Is it just animal abuse that gets your rocks off?

Quoting momto3infl:

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

littleacorn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Me too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodchickwithMS
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I feel that I was born with the motto, of Do No Harm, whether it be to spiders or animals or kids or elderly. I was arrested in college for protesting a circus in North Dakota, and I also went undercover at a GAP sweat shop in Nicaragua. Bottom line, there will be people that allow or even enjoy causing harm, and there will be those that don't. I would do anything to get to be a vegan again, or even a vegetarian! My Neurologist will not allow me to be meat-free with my multiple sclerosis. My own Husband protests the MS Society due to their testing on animals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
And what's wrong with the way they treat animals???

Sheshh
lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
She said she wouldn't stop going even knowing what they do. That's being heartless, not ignorant. It's disgusting and I don't get how you can defend it.

And I don't protest in person because my social anxiety keeps me at home most of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

O_o... Deep breath......

have you ever protested a circus or volunteerd and been truly involved with doing something for animals? I.mean that honestly not rudely?

I understand the need to make a statement for animals I really do but does belittling people keep them from getting abortions or keep them.from building mosques near ground zero no it just makes em.look.like assholes...Bottom line is the circus abuses animals and a lot of times for the people going its due to.pure ignorance of it not that they are heartless bastards clubbing baby seals EDUCATION not INTIMIDATION is key.... There I'm.done

Quoting lalaboosh:

*deep breath*

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

We dont go to circuses either, we dont even go to rodeos  i dont like hosw they treat the animals there. I was a teen when i went to a rodeo and left in tears. Couldnt stand the calf roping and such.Have never gone since. My kids  wont go either, they have no interest in watching ppl treat animals badly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)