Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never take my kids to the circus. *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because I don't support the way they abuse animals. I would however, take my kids to protest outside.

Edit-

I have to say that I am very impressed by the amount of cafe momers who are educated about this matter and do
not support the circus. Great job!!!

There will always be people who do not care, but it makes
me happy that a good majority of you
do!

edit 2-

I am NOT and never ever will be a member or a supporter of PETA!! So please don't assume that because I support animal rights, that I am one of them!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Replies (151-160):
LoveMyLos
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

i won't either....and PETA is the most useless animal organization on the planet!

edelweiss23
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM
PETA is a weird organization!! My husband and I want to open a rescue place for circus animals! We feel so bad for them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I agree! It's cruel how they treat these poor animals just to entertain people!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I worked for the humane society of a few years and we had a branch located in the adoption center of Petsmart for cats and small pets only. They took great care of the cats, and there was also an on site veterinarian. Whenever I visit Petsmart the staff all over the store are constantly cleaning up after the animals.

Quoting thecouponlady:

Quoting Anonymous:

No problem :) I live my life cruelty and meat free, so if you need any other tips let me know and I'll PM. im Anonymous for obvious reasons with what I just said

Quoting lalaboosh:

It's so hard to try to live with total respect for animals, thank you for sharing this info. I will be buying all my fish from a fish shop an hour away now, because it's worth it to promote local buisnesses and to refuse to support immoral practices!

Quoting Anonymous:

A little tip having worked at Petco, and having quit, big companies like Petco and Petsmart purchase all of their animals from animal farm and mills where the animals, especially petco ferrets are treated horribley. They regular staff is also in charge of medicating the animals unless a vet is on staff constantly, which not all Petsmarts have, and depending on the employee, the animals may or may not ever get their medicine and cages cleaned daily as they are supposed to. The stores also only clean when coorporate comes in, twice a year for midwest petco unless they fall below the CLI standards, and as the one who cleaned the dust off the shelves and sweeped under shelves, they have tons of bugs and spiders, typically under the shelf where you buy your dogs food. Sometimes they get into the food amd it becomes awfully infested. If they find a bag with a hole in it, if they can get away with it they tape it to try and look like there was no hole. When I went to face and redo a select area of shelves, there would be food expired by months upwards to a year. Bottom line, they are NOT okay to animals, and the research from the animal farms is scary. I believe its Marshalls farm who distributes to petco, should you wish to research.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here! I wont even take my kids to a pet store that sells puppies and kittens. Stores like Petsmart are okay because the kitties are up for adoption from local humane societies.

we got our cat from petsmart and he came from the humane socitey shelter,he was in god health and still is,it was great cause he came woth all his shots and microchipped plus we got mass coupons for a free vet visit,free bag of food ,plus other coupond for litter,collers ect that petsmart looked clean.also the workers was very helpful and so happy that we was looking for an adult cat and not a kitten

little.knickers
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I'm hoping they will be made illegal here in the next few years (there's talk of it) although I worry what will happen to te animals.

The way they are trained is awful, you can see how scared they are of the whip and their handler. The horses bridles are always far too tight, forcing their head into an unnatural position. At one we saw a few years ago...they had stuck a false tail on a dog so you couldn't see it had rammed it between it's legs as it was so terrified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I don't want to either for the same reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Yes. It really is. Their extreme methods of educating the public are counter productive.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i won't either....and PETA is the most useless animal organization on the planet!

LoveMyLos
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:46 AM

they make me want to eat a cheeseburger. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It really is. Their extreme methods of educating the public are counter productive.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Wow, that's incredibly ignorant of you. Those animals are transported in tiny crates and left in them for days at a time. Training techniques are in essence merely torture. What they do to animals is illegal and immoral. Humans have a voice were animals do not. There is just as much wonder and excitement at a human circus.

Quoting momto3infl:

I have heard this since I was a kid-never seen it happen in 35yrs (I'm 40).  But at the same time animal groups like PETA and other bother me due to some states, esp here in FL have more laws that protect them than kids who live in dangerous conditions.  Sorry I can listen and back something like that.

Quoting lalaboosh:

If you know how they treat the animals you shouldn't want to go. It's sick to knowingly enjoy torture and abuse. Ringling Bros. are notorious for mistreating their animals. Pkus abused animals are very dangerous. I don't want to be around when an elephant snaps and goes on a rampage. It happens.

Quoting momto3infl:

No. we go for the animals and clowns. Ringling Bro. circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

We do and love it.

Is it animal free?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Wow, that's incredibly ignorant of you. Those animals are transported in tiny crates and left in them for days at a time. Training techniques are in essence merely torture. What they do to animals is illegal and immoral. Humans have a voice were animals do not. There is just as much wonder and excitement at a human circus.

Quoting momto3infl:

I have heard this since I was a kid-never seen it happen in 35yrs (I'm 40).  But at the same time animal groups like PETA and other bother me due to some states, esp here in FL have more laws that protect them than kids who live in dangerous conditions.  Sorry I can listen and back something like that.

Quoting lalaboosh:

If you know how they treat the animals you shouldn't want to go. It's sick to knowingly enjoy torture and abuse. Ringling Bros. are notorious for mistreating their animals. Pkus abused animals are very dangerous. I don't want to be around when an elephant snaps and goes on a rampage. It happens.

Quoting momto3infl:

No. we go for the animals and clowns. Ringling Bro. circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

We do and love it.

Is it animal free?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)