Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never take my kids to the circus. *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because I don't support the way they abuse animals. I would however, take my kids to protest outside.

Edit-

I have to say that I am very impressed by the amount of cafe momers who are educated about this matter and do
not support the circus. Great job!!!

There will always be people who do not care, but it makes
me happy that a good majority of you
do!

edit 2-

I am NOT and never ever will be a member or a supporter of PETA!! So please don't assume that because I support animal rights, that I am one of them!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Replies (161-170):
lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM
You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Wow, that's incredibly ignorant of you. Those animals are transported in tiny crates and left in them for days at a time. Training techniques are in essence merely torture. What they do to animals is illegal and immoral. Humans have a voice were animals do not. There is just as much wonder and excitement at a human circus.

Quoting momto3infl:

I have heard this since I was a kid-never seen it happen in 35yrs (I'm 40).  But at the same time animal groups like PETA and other bother me due to some states, esp here in FL have more laws that protect them than kids who live in dangerous conditions.  Sorry I can listen and back something like that.

Quoting lalaboosh:

If you know how they treat the animals you shouldn't want to go. It's sick to knowingly enjoy torture and abuse. Ringling Bros. are notorious for mistreating their animals. Pkus abused animals are very dangerous. I don't want to be around when an elephant snaps and goes on a rampage. It happens.

Quoting momto3infl:

No. we go for the animals and clowns. Ringling Bro. circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

We do and love it.

Is it animal free?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Nice to know kids will have good morals to.learn from.....

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Wow, that's incredibly ignorant of you. Those animals are transported in tiny crates and left in them for days at a time. Training techniques are in essence merely torture. What they do to animals is illegal and immoral. Humans have a voice were animals do not. There is just as much wonder and excitement at a human circus.

Quoting momto3infl:

I have heard this since I was a kid-never seen it happen in 35yrs (I'm 40).  But at the same time animal groups like PETA and other bother me due to some states, esp here in FL have more laws that protect them than kids who live in dangerous conditions.  Sorry I can listen and back something like that.

Quoting lalaboosh:

If you know how they treat the animals you shouldn't want to go. It's sick to knowingly enjoy torture and abuse. Ringling Bros. are notorious for mistreating their animals. Pkus abused animals are very dangerous. I don't want to be around when an elephant snaps and goes on a rampage. It happens.

Quoting momto3infl:

No. we go for the animals and clowns. Ringling Bro. circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting momto3infl:

We do and love it.

Is it animal free?

momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

ImATERRORIST
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I love PETA bread....that is all
Schleetle
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I wouldn't take my kids to either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I suddenly want some circus peanuts

momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Church going christian morals.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice to know kids will have good morals to.learn from.....

Quoting momto3infl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM
U have right to think and do as u please but maybe the way u worded it sounds very insensitive

Quoting momto3infl:

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Aadensma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I don't like rodeos for the same reason...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I don't support animals in circuses either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN