Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never take my kids to the circus. *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because I don't support the way they abuse animals. I would however, take my kids to protest outside.

Edit-

I have to say that I am very impressed by the amount of cafe momers who are educated about this matter and do
not support the circus. Great job!!!

There will always be people who do not care, but it makes
me happy that a good majority of you
do!

edit 2-

I am NOT and never ever will be a member or a supporter of PETA!! So please don't assume that because I support animal rights, that I am one of them!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Replies (171-180):
lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM
PETA is way overzealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It really is. Their extreme methods of educating the public are counter productive.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i won't either....and PETA is the most useless animal organization on the planet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
They def go a little overboard kinda like those whale wars people but hey ones man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

Quoting lalaboosh:

PETA is way overzealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It really is. Their extreme methods of educating the public are counter productive.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i won't either....and PETA is the most useless animal organization on the planet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I probably do since in our news each day we have something about animal abuse that the people get years in jail or major discipline, but child abuse the people get off with a tap on the hand or hardly anything and at times can take classes and get their kids back-that ticks me off more than how circus animals many born into the circus.

Quoting Anonymous:

U have right to think and do as u please but maybe the way u worded it sounds very insensitive

Quoting momto3infl:

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I can see that and understand. me personally I just don't support the circus. Unfortunately ud be suprised how often people just get a slap on the wrist w cruelty cases or just a fine...

Quoting momto3infl:

I probably do since in our news each day we have something about animal abuse that the people get years in jail or major discipline, but child abuse the people get off with a tap on the hand or hardly anything and at times can take classes and get their kids back-that ticks me off more than how circus animals many born into the circus.

Quoting Anonymous:

U have right to think and do as u please but maybe the way u worded it sounds very insensitive

Quoting momto3infl:

I am sick because I dont like people sticking their signs and screaming at me and my kids when we go-that is part of why we didnt go this year-we got sick of it.  I have the right to my own opinion even if no one agrees.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Wont change my mind.  I hate when I take my kids to the circus and all the crazy people screaming at us and pushing their signs at me and my kids.

lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM
You are sick for enjoying the abuse of animals. I don't understand, are you also amused by child abuse or spousal abuse? Are you into elder abuse? Is it just animal abuse that gets your rocks off?

Yeah, the people speaking out against abuse are the crazy ones.

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I will never either. =)

lalaboosh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Zactly. Conversation is best for education, but if the conversation is denied people won't give up. That's when it goes to shouting and signs and demostrations.

Quoting CFSTBSM27:

They def go a little overboard kinda like those whale wars people but hey ones man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

Quoting lalaboosh:

PETA is way overzealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM

In the other states I have lived in child abuse and animal abuse were on the same level-but the 12yrs in FL has really had me against the laws and what I see with how animal abuse is more time than child abuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can see that and understand. me personally I just don't support the circus. Unfortunately ud be suprised how often people just get a slap on the wrist w cruelty cases or just a fine...

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

squeekers
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM

i'm not much into circuses, and i cannot even afford to dream about going to see a Cirq de sola (I cant even spell it). If we want to see critters, we go to the local zoo.

momto3infl
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM

yeah whatever-read some of my other quotes for my reason why my opinion.  Not even going to answer your others because you are becoming like the people in my face at the circus.

Quoting lalaboosh:

You are sick for enjoying the abuse of animals. I don't understand, are you also amused by child abuse or spousal abuse? Are you into elder abuse? Is it just animal abuse that gets your rocks off?

Yeah, the people speaking out against abuse are the crazy ones.

Quoting momto3infl:

Quoting lalaboosh:

You're sick.

Quoting momto3infl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)