Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my PA confession

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do work every day and am a single mom and going to school next semester. But i live in government housing. I pay $21 per month in rent , the only bills i pay are phone and electric, i do not have cable. I receive cash assistance, foodstamps, and free childcare. Also i got $2000 in free furniture and my daughter will receive a $300 clothing voucher for school clothes. Well that's my confession
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I know and im very grateful for it

Quoting singlemom1208:

That's a lot of assistance. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

?

Quoting singlemom1208:

Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I've never heard of the state giving you 2 grand in furniture! Did you get to pick it out yourself? I haven't heard of the clothing voucher either. Is the housing in a good neighborhood and nice? Ours is horrible! I think your doing the right thing by working and going to school. If you need the help then use it mama! Good luck to you!

jcm28
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

sounds like you are being the best mom you can be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Yes i picked it myself. My apartment is in a great neighborhood and they have A LOT of requirements to get in , background checks, rental references, drug screening, employment proof, housing inspection. They have all new carpet , central heat and air, dishwasher, heated bathroom, 2 nice playgrounds, friendly staff, i haven't seen any drug activity so far

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! I've never heard of the state giving you 2 grand in furniture! Did you get to pick it out yourself? I haven't heard of the clothing voucher either. Is the housing in a good neighborhood and nice? Ours is horrible! I think your doing the right thing by working and going to school. If you need the help then use it mama! Good luck to you!

hplesha
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Our help for section 8 or renters help is closed for a long time. The apts that go based off your income are in crappy areas. There were a few days the section 8 thing was accepting applications, but because so many people applied, it closed in just 3 hours. Now, you have to be homeless to get renters help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Mkay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
That sucks, where do u live? Probably because people use it as lifetime housing instead of a temporary help to better their lives

Quoting hplesha:

Our help for section 8 or renters help is closed for a long time. The apts that go based off your income are in crappy areas. There were a few days the section 8 thing was accepting applications, but because so many people applied, it closed in just 3 hours. Now, you have to be homeless to get renters help
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)