Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my PA confession

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do work every day and am a single mom and going to school next semester. But i live in government housing. I pay $21 per month in rent , the only bills i pay are phone and electric, i do not have cable. I receive cash assistance, foodstamps, and free childcare. Also i got $2000 in free furniture and my daughter will receive a $300 clothing voucher for school clothes. Well that's my confession
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Sorry im just excited
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Im just excited to not have to struggle anymore, i finally have a chance to make something out of my life , to do right by my daughter

Quoting momof4boyz1girl:

Mkay.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

wow! you are lucky you get that amount of money.

must be nice. lol!!

i've heard of people living in public housing and living in the real crappy part of the city where there's drug dealers and convicts living there. but idk, that's just what i hear though. but if public housing looks like that, i wouldn't mind being in one of those houses......ha!  I'M JUST JOKING!!!!!! I have to add that in for those who would take me seriously and start bashing me. 

hplesha
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Michigan.. and unfortunately it's probably true, and the ones like us who can't even afford the 535 without being behind or being without, can't get help unless we become homeless

Quoting Anonymous:

That sucks, where do u live? Probably because people use it as lifetime housing instead of a temporary help to better their lives

Quoting hplesha:

Our help for section 8 or renters help is closed for a long time. The apts that go based off your income are in crappy areas. There were a few days the section 8 thing was accepting applications, but because so many people applied, it closed in just 3 hours. Now, you have to be homeless to get renters help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itseebitsee
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
5 moms liked this

a single working mother who is going to school is exactly the type of person 'the system' was designed to help, imo. best wishes to you! keep working hard like you are and before too long you won't need it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn.. That must be nice! We pay $1000 for rent (and thats CHEAP here). Weve had the same furniture for 7 years and we bought second hand stuff for school clothes.. I kind of envy you lol except we've worked hard for what we do have, which feels awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

How many hours do you work OP?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yeah, that sucks. I live in Mich too.

Quoting hplesha:

Michigan.. and unfortunately it's probably true, and the ones like us who can't even afford the 535 without being behind or being without, can't get help unless we become homeless

Quoting Anonymous:

That sucks, where do u live? Probably because people use it as lifetime housing instead of a temporary help to better their lives

Quoting hplesha:

Our help for section 8 or renters help is closed for a long time. The apts that go based off your income are in crappy areas. There were a few days the section 8 thing was accepting applications, but because so many people applied, it closed in just 3 hours. Now, you have to be homeless to get renters help

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You should be excited and very proud of yourself that you are on your own two feet and being a single mother.

it sounds like you had to jump through hoopes to get this apartment but it also sounds like you deserve it.

I'm proud of you Momma!!!!

=D

hugs

Don't be surprised if you don't get alot of responses though because you aren't doing anything that anyone can bash you for. lol!!

those are the type of posts that the moms in this group look for......victims.  lol!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry im just excited

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)