Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should have Known DD had a double middle ear infection over a week ago.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
My confession, I feel like the worst mom ever.
DD has been plugging up her ears for over a week. I asked her why and she said the noises.
I thought it was a stage. Kids do silly things. I thought the sounds sound funny when she plugged up her ears, but it just hit me now that it's probably because of the infection messing with her hearing a little :(
Huge momma guilt!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I never knew when my son had ear infections. He never showed signs. I was shocked when the pedi told me he did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM
awww :( you're not a bad mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandyrodax
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Don't feel bad. 

Our son had constant ear infections during his first year. We never knew because he never showed any signs at all. He ended up having to get tubes. Now that he's older he still doesn't show signs (except for once) and has started getting ear infections again and may possibly have to get tubes again. 

pipers_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM

We took DS to the doctor the other day because he had what we thought was an asthma attack. Turns out he more then likely has asthma, and has a double ear infection. He showed NO signs of ear pain or anything. I felt horrible, especially since this happens so much with him, but the doctor said some kids just don't show actual pain from them.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I never thought she had one at all. I thought she had a cold an was treating at home until she peed her bed and that's a sure sign she has a UTI so I took her in!
The cold symptoms were new too, only had them 3 days and what I now think we're the ear infection symptoms were over a week ago, maybe two!

Quoting epoh:

I never knew when my son had ear infections. He never showed signs. I was shocked when the pedi told me he did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM
That's sad :(
I used to get then constantly and swimmers ear. I got tubes as a kid and don't get them any more!
Hope the second time works for him!

Quoting jandyrodax:

Don't feel bad. 

Our son had constant ear infections during his first year. We never knew because he never showed any signs at all. He ended up having to get tubes. Now that he's older he still doesn't show signs (except for once) and has started getting ear infections again and may possibly have to get tubes again. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Oh wow! These replies make me feel better!

Quoting pipers_mom:

We took DS to the doctor the other day because he had what we thought was an asthma attack. Turns out he more then likely has asthma, and has a double ear infection. He showed NO signs of ear pain or anything. I felt horrible, especially since this happens so much with him, but the doctor said some kids just don't show actual pain from them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM
:)

when my baby was 3 wks old she had a fever (really high) so we took her to the er (since she was already diagnosed with rsv) after her being checked for everything...her ear started draining really bad from ear wax...turned out she had an ear infection, showed no signs. i thought the fever was from the rsv or something. before they found out about the infection they already decided to admit her (her temp was almost 104) but then since they found out (which it took her daddy seeing the drainage) they said her fever was from that. i felt terrible :( it busted her ear drum..which thankfully got better. the stupid er dr told us "her ear drum busted (but not busted, it was another word) she'll never hear out of that ear" uhhh what??? later we found out he was just a dick who didnt know what he was talking about!

Quoting MIA0223:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
That is horrible!
Glad she is ok!

Quoting proudmommy690:

:)

when my baby was 3 wks old she had a fever (really high) so we took her to the er (since she was already diagnosed with rsv) after her being checked for everything...her ear started draining really bad from ear wax...turned out she had an ear infection, showed no signs. i thought the fever was from the rsv or something. before they found out about the infection they already decided to admit her (her temp was almost 104) but then since they found out (which it took her daddy seeing the drainage) they said her fever was from that. i felt terrible :( it busted her ear drum..which thankfully got better. the stupid er dr told us "her ear drum busted (but not busted, it was another word) she'll never hear out of that ear" uhhh what??? later we found out he was just a dick who didnt know what he was talking about!

Quoting MIA0223:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)