Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not your damn mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My husband is a giant idiot and didn't claim dependants on his unemployment. We have three kids. Are you effing serious? This has been going on for years. I cant change it, I'M NOT YOU! Then he gets mad at me because I'm mad at him. We have given the state of Iowa a shit ton of money that was supposed to be ours. I'm so pissed off right now.

I'm upset about it because he told me he fixed it after our third was born and I just found out he lied to me. Wtf.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sagely
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Your husband and my husband are probably best friends. Or brothers.

I'm 28 and have a 31 year old son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Lol

I seriously want to punch him in his baby maker. Ugh.

Quoting Sagely:

trebelcleff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Do you get a tax return?  If they take taxes out of the check, it will show up as too much paid in when you file and you'll get it back in a return.  A lot of people don't claim as much as they can on their W2s so they don't accidentally underpay and owe when they do their taxes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Yes, we claim taxes on the unemployment. The problem is they only retro pay a few weeks. Several years ago he was laid off for a year. Recently was a week a few weeks ago and two weeks coming up soon.

We should be getting 600 a week not 400. Thats why he deserves a junk punch.

Quoting trebelcleff:

Do you get a tax return?  If they take taxes out of the check, it will show up as too much paid in when you file and you'll get it back in a return.  A lot of people don't claim as much as they can on their W2s so they don't accidentally underpay and owe when they do their taxes.

Sagely
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
While it doesn't seem to speed dh's emotional growth, it does seem to help with my mood when I resort to that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol

I seriously want to punch him in his baby maker. Ugh.

Quoting Sagely:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
i claim zero on all tax forms so they withhold at the single persons rate so i get back more at tax time. myy df and i have decided that even after baby is born and were married well both still claim zero! or married bt withhold at single rate! its just asier for us, plus itll be a NICE refund at the tax time, cuz well claim 2 kids and get back a ton.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Whoo hoo! Someone else from Iowa! Are you unable to claim them on your taxes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yeah, that would make me pretty mad too!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, we claim taxes on the unemployment. The problem is they only retro pay a few weeks. Several years ago he was laid off for a year. Recently was a week a few weeks ago and two weeks coming up soon.

We should be getting 600 a week not 400. Thats why he deserves a junk punch.

Quoting trebelcleff:

kngarber
by Katie on May. 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Wait?  How many years has he been on unemployment?  I am confused?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM
he was laid off a few years ago for a year. Hes been back to work for over two years (same company) he was recently laid off a week, went back, and will be laid off two more weeks at the end of may.

He claimed all the kids on his w2 forms, but for unemployment he claimed zero which makes him a stupid ass. He should be getting about two hundred more a week for unemployment than he is. Thats why I'm so upset.

Quoting kngarber:

Wait?  How many years has he been on unemployment?  I am confused?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)