Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*edit* No money for diapers so I'm selling everything I can...this sucks!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Thank you to everyone who offered to help me. Thank you for the suggestions also. I didn't come here to beg, just needed to vent a bit. You women are AMAZING!!!!

We dont get paid until Wednesday so I am trying to sell anything I can to get the diapers. I'm listing anything I think will sell on CL but nobody is responding!! How embarrassing....anyone else ever go through this?? I have enough for tonight and some swim diapers but I dont think those will work well :/
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I have and honestly. When it was really bad. if there was a poopy diaper ya know one that was like solid, i would get the poop out and put it back on my baby. Sometimes there are no choices. Also.....air time is good Im not sure how old your baby is, because its easier when they are not as mobil to put a towel down and let them go naked. You cando that when they are walking around too, you just have to be right there incase they start peeing unexpectedly.

Good luck with CL I have never gotten responses when trying to sell stuff on there.

Maybe if you have family/friend/neighboor you can tlak to to see if they can buy you diapers that you can repay them when you get the money

Also, even if they do not work well, the swim diapers are better then nothing.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

put them in underwear, put them on her onsies... they dont hold much but its enough, since you have swim diapers put them in there as well

Quoting Anonymous:

How do I use maxi pads? Like put them in her diaper?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

friends, family, post something on FB, maxi pads

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I just feel like shit for not having enough....like I failed my baby :(
Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Use her baithing suit or diaper covers and use pads...we have had to do that
MommeeTo4
by &1more on May. 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Contact Churches, they usually have diapers, and check to see if there is a birthright in your area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I feel your pain. I have had to sell stuff for necessities before. It sucks. Wish you the best of luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommommymomx5
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM
where do u live??
coug7099
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You are an awesome Mom to be willing to sell your things for diapers. Many parents wouldn't. Can you borrow money from someone? If worst comes to worst put a towel on the baby.

Do you have a place that gives food to people? Ours is called a food pantry. They will give you diapers or a voucher for diapers if you call them. If you often run out I'd recommend buying at least one package of cloth diapers for the next time this happens.

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You've got to do what you've got to do.  Why are you short on money though?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)