Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just made my dd hate me. :Update

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 76 Replies
My 10 year old was invited to sleep over at her friends house, I said yes. Then, I find out the mom let her boyfriend of 6 months move in!! Soooo, I told her no way...

I feel terrible but I just can't do it, my mommy radar said no way!

Would anyone do the same?

Update: The mom doesn't hate me :) she brought her dd over today to drop some clothes off her dd out grew, she hung out for an hour and we didn't even mention the sleep over. They are going to the movies together on Friday. All seems fine and the mom truly doesn't seem offended :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcm28
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I would go and meet the bf.  And yes if something was telling me not to  send child i would not send them.

ozarkdragonfly
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I'd have done what you did too. If the mommy radar went off, something is up. No way I'd trust the situation. Tell her she can have friends over soon. That'll smooth the situation over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I feel horrible!! I just don't like the spending the night part...even if I did meet him. If he had kids I would probably be more comfortable about it...just don't know what to do.

Quoting jcm28:

I would go and meet the bf.  And yes if something was telling me not to  send child i would not send them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I think you did what I would do! Oh hell no you wont be sleeping in a house with a adult male i dont know!

mama_2_jasper
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. No way! Let her have a sleep over at your house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM
My other dd told the girl why, arg! That was the most awkward convo ever.
I told her and her mother she was more then welcome to stay here.

Quoting ozarkdragonfly:

I'd have done what you did too. If the mommy radar went off, something is up. No way I'd trust the situation. Tell her she can have friends over soon. That'll smooth the situation over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I would have said no, too. I realize these are parents, too, but I always need to know the parents that I'm leaving my child with. Might be over protective, but better safe than sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I feel like a bitch, but I told dd I'd never be able to live with myself if something happened. She's still crying :(

Quoting mommy_me:

I think you did what I would do! Oh hell no you wont be sleeping in a house with a adult male i dont know!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I would have met with the mother and boyfriend before telling her yes or no. It's what my mom did, but I was always told no, so I stopped asking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I think it's worse for me because the guy doesn't have kids.
I'm sure the moms pissed...but what can I do.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I would have said no, too. I realize these are parents, too, but I always need to know the parents that I'm leaving my child with. Might be over protective, but better safe than sorry!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)