Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Sucks. Plain and simple. Why do people hate public schools so much? There are plenty of good public schools in this country. Sure some are not that amazing, but they still teach the basics. Just because your child has an odd way of learning doesn't make it the teachers fault.

Edit: I just wanted to see how quickly everyones panties would get all knotted up! I don't care if you homeschool your kids.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Ever watched Waiting For Superman. Homeschooling doesn't mean you hate public schools btw.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Were you homeschooled?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Ever watched Waiting For Superman. Homeschooling doesn't mean you hate public schools btw.

I have seen bits and pieces of it. Still doesn't make me lose faith in public schools, or think homeschooling is ok.
Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to read Dumbing Us Down. It is written by a teacher in our public schools.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quoting Kenre:

You need to read Dumbing Us Down. It is written by a teacher in our public schools.

Is it an advocate for homeschooling? If it is, I'm sure there are also plenty of books that would say public school would be better.

Same thing with cows milk versus soy milk.
tansyflower
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM

public school cannot meet every single childs specific needs....some children need more than a public school can offer plain and simple.  my sister is a public school teacher and she has a handful of students who would be better off at home in a one on one environment and she openly admits it.  doesnt make her a bad teacher...schools are set up to meet the majority of childrens needs but not all children fit into that majority.  also lots of people homeschool because they love it and feel that it offers their child a different learning experience....not because they "hate" public school.  not sure why you are so negative about homeschooling but its just as hypocritical to say that all homeschooling is bad as it is to say that all public education is bad.  just a thought.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Watch the WHOLE thing and research public schools statistics. I taught and was a pretty good teacher. But I can tell you for a fact that not everyone takes their job seriously. Schools fail for different reasons... etc. Tracking, if you watch the movie, is a real thing such does screw over some kids. I won't be homeschooling my child for different reasons. I opt on the idea of private schools instead. If you research homeschooling it really is a good options for families.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I have seen bits and pieces of it. Still doesn't make me lose faith in public schools, or think homeschooling is ok.

ElitestJen
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No one said it was the teacher's fault.  What's wrong with wanting to be responsible for your kids' educations?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Homeschooling is wonderful and a fantastic gift to give your children if you are able. =D

Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't hate public schools. We have very good schools in my area. I volunteer in our local middle school. :) For my family, homeschooling is the better option.

What are you basing you "It sucks!" opinion on? I'm curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN