Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need help! relationship on the rocks (kinda long though)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been together about 5 years now we have a two year old son and we live with his family. Were both are 23 years old. We been through everything though cheating has never been the issue, he had some serious control issues that we work on even till today. 

When I gave birth to my son i completely devoted my life to my boyfriend and my son constantly trying the be the perfect wife and mother in everyone's eyes, that I completely lost track of myself and fell into a deep depression where they were days I couldn't even get up to go to work. My boyfriend use to see how unhappy i was and knew it had to do with pleasing everyone but myself, but never once did he try to push me to do  things that made me happy. All he was worried about was me being at home.

So recently I have gotten out my rut and finally started to doing things for myself i have gotten a new job started talking back talking to my friends and family cause at a point i basically cut off everyone off. and him being controlling at the time didn't help that situation.But now that i have a social life, working, Becoming me again were fighting everyday about how I'm not devoting or putting him last in the relationship.

At this point I feel like im truley happy and doing things that I feel make me  happy but my relationship is suffering..... I honeslty dont know what I can do. Am I being selfish? Have I honestly pushed him away and not even know it?  Please help!

Also he has asked me to marry him many times and I have said yes but always feel that its not the right choice. so i told him we should wait fix our issues, get out ducks in a row and he has made the situation worst.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

set a date night once a week with him. Do some of the fun things you did before becoming a mom with him. It's so important to be a couple not just mom & dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM

We use to do date night often but money is to tight, I'm the only one working.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

set a date night once a week with him. Do some of the fun things you did before becoming a mom with him. It's so important to be a couple not just mom & dad.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

date night can be going out for a walk, a drive for coffee & dessert, if you have a nice park pack a picnic and go. As long as you two are together and out of the house and the baby is home its considered a date.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Allie428
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Plan a nice romantic dinner at home after the kids are asleep. A movie night. Put on music and dance. Start a fire and talk. Lots of cheap/free dates.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN