Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mamas... I need some help with my 7 mth old.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 16 Replies
My 7 mth old is on a decent schedule. She has her bath anywhere from 9-10 more close to 9 than 10. Goes to bed by 10-1030. She wakes up most of the time at 5 am stays up until 6-7 and she eats a bottle durin that time she eats rice cereal or baby food at 1030 2 and 6 and eats bottles between there. Naps when shes tires but not after 6pm.
Is this a good schedule? Or should she be sleeping through 5am? She has been really restless the past few nights. Could anyone have any suggestions of what i could do better? Or tell me some suggestions to help her sleep better? Dd is my first so im still learning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernbell711
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM
it sounds like a good schedule to me. is she teething? that may be a reason for the restlessness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on May. 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Sounds good to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM

My son was on a pretty good schedule at that age. I would say yours is pretty good. My son goes to bed at 9. He will still eat at midnight go right back to sleep and sleep until 8 or later. If he does wake up he eats then I put him straight back in his crib and he sleeps until again around 8 or 9. My suggestions are keep it consistent. Also I know some parents have toys and such in the crib or they let their baby's play in there crib. I use the crib for sleep only. He has one stuffed animal in there. He had nothing until recently to reduce SIDS. But I feel that if bed is for sleep only he does better falling asleep in there so he knows its time. If it works for you and she is happy your doing great!

southernbell711
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Yes she is she already has her bottom 2 teeth. She is cutting her (what my mother calls) her "eye" or "stomach" teeth (the sharp tooth on the bottom) and my mother says thats one of the worst teeth to cut. The past few nights she has woke up crying until i lay her in the bed witg me. DH sleeps really hard (sleep apnea) so i cant always sleep with her at night unless i can wake him up to get out of the bed lol and im not sure what i can do about that

Quoting proudmommy690:

it sounds like a good schedule to me. is she teething? that may be a reason for the restlessness.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Sounds good to me! Babies sleep patterns are always changing. My little dude goes down between 8-10 ( some days he doesnt nap so he goes to sleep sooner) he's up between 6a-7:30a has a bottle stays awake for an hour or so and goes back to sleep between1-2 hours. He's five months old and I follow his cues and don't try and change them. He knows whn he's ready to sleep and eat. He has put himself on a schedule and it works great for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbell711
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Oh yes thats what i do. I dont put her in her crib unless she is sleeping. Do you use really dim lights when you feed your LO at midnight? And speak very softly or even at all? Ive read to do that. Ive never really tried it.

Quoting cassie19831:

My son was on a pretty good schedule at that age. I would say yours is pretty good. My son goes to bed at 9. He will still eat at midnight go right back to sleep and sleep until 8 or later. If he does wake up he eats then I put him straight back in his crib and he sleeps until again around 8 or 9. My suggestions are keep it consistent. Also I know some parents have toys and such in the crib or they let their baby's play in there crib. I use the crib for sleep only. He has one stuffed animal in there. He had nothing until recently to reduce SIDS. But I feel that if bed is for sleep only he does better falling asleep in there so he knows its time. If it works for you and she is happy your doing great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbell711
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I started DD on a schedule at around 5 mths too. She has made that schedule for herself too. She knows when its bathtime and gets super fussy if im runnin a tid bit late. She has been so restless these past few days.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Sounds good to me! Babies sleep patterns are always changing. My little dude goes down between 8-10 ( some days he doesnt nap so he goes to sleep sooner) he's up between 6a-7:30a has a bottle stays awake for an hour or so and goes back to sleep between1-2 hours. He's five months old and I follow his cues and don't try and change them. He knows whn he's ready to sleep and eat. He has put himself on a schedule and it works great for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yes I do. He drinks in his room with just the nightlight on. If hes wet I'll change him in the near dark to. I don't play or anything. I give him cuddles but for the most part really focus on soft voices and not saying much. It makes a big difference in my opinion.

Quoting southernbell711:

Oh yes thats what i do. I dont put her in her crib unless she is sleeping. Do you use really dim lights when you feed your LO at midnight? And speak very softly or even at all? Ive read to do that. Ive never really tried it.

Quoting cassie19831:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Sound like a good babbie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured