Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

breastfeeding question...( i know BF is an old topic)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For those women so adamantly determined to tell mother who choose not to breast feed. telling them how they are making a horrible decision.Saying their babies aren't getting the proper nutrients, possibly end up causing their child to be allergic to dairy, or saying the will cause their child to be sick all the time.

If a women told you she wasn't breast feeding you would obviously point all those things out. plus many more right ?

Well would you still feel that way if the child wasn't able to drink their mothers milk?( ex. if they had sensitive stomachs,mother wasnt producing enough to keep her child full) Would you tell them how wrong it is not to breast feel their child still? Or hold the fact they arent breast feeding against them? Im guessing not..

Point is if your ok with some mothers not breastfeeding, then you shouldnt try shoving breastfeeding onto other mothers.imo

I realize that obviously what you do tell those non breast feeding mothers is true, but its not true for every baby. A mother should be able to choose to breast feed or not. It's not YOUR baby so why should you care if they breast feed or not ?Its not affecting you in any way ,is it?

I'm just curious to see your point of views on this.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Replies (31-33):
little.knickers
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Thanks for posting something that nobody has ever said before!!!

Not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I have liver and kidney problems and didn't want to breastfeed because of my meds. I did what was best for my baby. If someone was bitching cause I didn't breastfeed I just ignore them.
KeepJeep
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Lol! Your response was beautifully written and mine was, in fact, very short and to the point. I guess I have seen so many of these posts and I continue to scratch my head and ponder where these militant breastfeeders are residing. I've never known breastfeeding moms to unite to bring down the formula feeders. It's such a bizarre feud that seems to only take place in CM land! I agree with you that parents get very defensive when they feel their parenting is in question.

Quoting Kmary:

This exactly.  You put it much more succintly than I did in my response, but I feel the same way.  I breastfed my kids a long time and have many friends who never did.  I didn't even bat an eye when they used formula.  Didn't even register on my radar! 

Quoting KeepJeep:

You do realize the vast majority of breastfeeding moms don't care whether other moms breastfeed or not right? I have yet to meet a single mom who questioned another moms use of formula. Ugh. Let's move on to something that's relevant. Please.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)