Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't get to ask for time to myself?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I keep getting into this fight with my husband.  I am a stay at home mom of a 6 yr old and an 11 month old, and every now and then I need a break.  My husband doesn't help with the kids without being asked, even then the response is usually "why can't you do it?".  He comes and goes as he pleases to activities with friends, sports practice for two hours, then 4 hours at the bar after that twice a week, and games with 6+ hours at the bar after that on saturdays.  If I want time to myself I literally have to beg him even just to go lay back down for an hour and have him sit and mind the kids.  Apparently, in his words "you don't get to ask for time to yourself, what do you think you do all day long?  That is time to yourself".  Really?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-15):
DropZoneMom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Did his mother work outside the home when her kids were little?  If not, I'm amazed that she's so clueless.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it's funny you'd say that, I've heard his mother tell him "you work, she doesn't, she should treat you like a king".

Quoting DropZoneMom:

My theory:  he was (is?) a mama's boy who never learned to pitch in around the house because mommy took care of everything for him.   So he expects the same from his wife.   Meanwhile, he gets to act like a teenage boy, running around with his buddies, having a good time.    That's HORSESHIT.   Time to INSIST he puts on his big-boy underwear and starts behaving like a MAN.

Quoting nicki1018:

What a douche! What is happening to our men today!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

popomill
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Wow, what an ass, I know exactly how you feel! I go to school full time, that means right now I go to school all day Tuesday and Thursday, take four classes and have homework every day, even if I'm not in school. My boyfriend/husband does NOTHING to help me. I have to get up every day, take our son to school on the days I have school (preschool that is), go to school all day, pick up our son, come home and cook dinner, clean the kitchen, take out son to Martial arts class, give him his bath, put him to bed, do my homework, get up in the middle of the night to take out son to the bathroom and repeat every day. I mean, what is it with men that makes them think just because they have something between their legs they don't have to help out at all?

seksen
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Wow obviously his mother needs to be taken down a few notches herself.. I was engaged to someone like that and I couldn't stand it.. My DS - not biologically his but he wasn't even working and I would still have to take him to daycare and come home and cook and clean. While he would go out whenever he felt like it... Yea so he is an ex now :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it's funny you'd say that, I've heard his mother tell him "you work, she doesn't, she should treat you like a king".

Quoting DropZoneMom:

My theory:  he was (is?) a mama's boy who never learned to pitch in around the house because mommy took care of everything for him.   So he expects the same from his wife.   Meanwhile, he gets to act like a teenage boy, running around with his buddies, having a good time.    That's HORSESHIT.   Time to INSIST he puts on his big-boy underwear and starts behaving like a MAN.

Quoting nicki1018:

What a douche! What is happening to our men today!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM
I feel sad for those who have husbands like that. I wouldnt have made it past the first month without my husband due to my post partum anxiety with a little depression mixed in. Here we are 2 years later and I think I've gone out maybe half a dozen times without him. Not because he won't let me, but because I have no desire to. I feel guilty.... As stupid as that sounds, I really have more fun here at home and have no desire to go out and drink with the girls. I even felt guilty going to get my pedicure 3 weeks ago when my husband was doing yard work and our son was napping lol

It's time to stick up for yourself hun. Put your foot down and tell him you need some "you" time before you snap his neck, slash his tires, and stick blunt instruments in his eye sockets lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)